Thread: ASG Wesson revolver 177 pellet advice

ASG Wesson revolver 177 pellet advice

For some reason - possibly due to all those Biggles books I read as a kid, always liked revolvers. Bought a Crossman 3576 a couple of years back, fun, but the mag doesn't swing out.
    The Webley Mk6 is only currently available in bb, so until it's about in a pellet version,
    I bought the Wesson .177 pellet revolver. The one where you have to undo the cartridge, pop in a pellet, screw it together. So far, tried it with RWS Hobby's/Field pellets.
    Sometimes it fires fine -but not always.

Any advice?

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

What's it doing when it doesn't fire fine ?
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    What's it doing when it doesn't fire fine ?
    Exactly. What is happening - is the pellet not leaving the shell (power/fit) or is the pellet striking the edge of the barrel (indexing)?

Ta for replies. The pellet sometimes doesn't leave the shell/cartridge. I am wondering if I am simply not tightening the nose section onto the shell firmly enough, through being worried about damaging the threads in the nose section.
    I also wondered if the Wesson preferred any particular pellet. Amusingly enough, the manual recommends steel pellets - I presume when it was updated for the pellet version from the bb model they did not spot that.

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Is it just with one particular shell or randomly with more than one?

hi bru,

I have the 8'' Nickel BB version.

hmm, what i would do mate is when your loading the pellets, double check that you have indeed screwed the tops on tightly, i would not worry about over tightening them by using your fingers, if you do not tighten the tops fully the pellet does not seat in 100% correctly..

You could also try using a different wadcutter pellet, this is just a guess but if you are tightening the tops fully, it could be the wide skirt on the RWS hobby pellets stopping them from firing, RWS hobby have the lines going up and down the skirt dont they, those could be holding the pellet to tight in the shell, stopping the pellet from being fired now and then..

Try some RWS co2 target pellets, they are smoother with just 1 ring line at the bottom of the skirt, if i remember right, think they are a tiny bit shorter as well but they will give you a slightly looser fit in the shell..

As for the manual thing lol they are just having a funny 5 minutes, a bit like when they say on the box, this blowback air pistol has BAX's, well no it does not, only the airsoft version does lol..

All the best, marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

I have a Desert Eagle and have similar problem. My diagnosis was the cold temperature we are experiencing at the moment. Shoots fine with new CO2 but power starts to drop to the point where it would re-cock properly or fire the pellets despite what sounded like a shot. Unless this is happening with new CO2 capsules I am not worry.

Adrian

I am not familiar with the finer detail of how the pellet is seated on this version of the DW revolver. Next time a pellet fails to leave the shell, remove the shell from the cylinder and push something down the centre of the shell to check that the pellet is not too tight and has not been squashed, pinched or misaligned? If you want to try slightly smaller pellets, you could try RWS Geco (popular with rotary mags on Umerex pistols).

Thanks again for the replies.
    It does seem to happen with random shells. I will double check the tightness of the nose cones.
    I have ordered some RWS CO2 target & Gecko pellets as I was running out of pellets anyway, thanks for the advice. And following another thread on here, an AGS scope...

ATB

Bru

Bru let us know how you get on mate
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

Update - & some more advice please!?

Letting you know how I got on.
    Took more care tightening the 'nose cones', (better) & tried the Gecko pellets (much better!).
    As I mentioned, also bought an AGS scope when I ordered the pellets.
    Had a look at fitting the 'tactical rail' this afternoon, so I could attach the 'scope.. The Wesson was not supplied with the tool shown in the manual, just a small allen key.
    Undid the main rear sight screw using my own screwdriver, but (for obvious reasons, like rounding off the end) didn't fancy knocking out the rear sight pin with the allen key. So for now have reattached the original open sight.

Any advice on where I can get small pin punches?

ATB

Bru

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Can a BB Wesson be converted to a rifled version?

Following recommendations on here, I bought a set of quality pin punches from 'Chronos'.

There are various punches and punch sets available. I bought an eight punch set from 1.5mm (1/16") to 8mm (5/16")...I'm not expecting to use the latter very often ;-) The set was branded 'Sobra' set number 180500 4" long.

Just checked my DW BB pistol; the smallest one of the set (1.5mm) should do the job of knocking out the roll pin that holds the rear sight....I guess the pellet version uses the same roll pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Can a BB Wesson be converted to a rifled version?
    Think so. Pretty sure I read on a website (maybe Magic9), but you have to supply a 6" barrel from a CP88. Need to add this to the cost of postage and conversion.