Thread: Blackpool calling

Blackpool calling

Hello there.

As usual, it is good etiquette to introduce oneself but it is always difficult to know what to say. I'm a former naval officer turned teacher who is rapidly approaching 30 and has refound a love of shooting that has been on hold for a long time.

I currently own an Air Arms s400 classic and want to try my hand at both hft and ft. Still looking for the perfect club. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Welcome aboard.

Your lucky enough to be on the door step on one of the countrys best gun shops (IMO ) and in an area well catered for with airgun clubs.
    If its specifically outdoor and HFT and FT your after there is Tawd Vale (near Parbold) Oldham (Worsley) and of course ourselves - Rivington Riflemen (Horwich & North Bolton), although with having 'Gladys' (who is now sponsored by Preparation H) we dont come under the 'perfect' club description.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hello mate .

And welcome to the forum .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

As I.J says there are some dedicated HFT clubs.
    However if you want a fantastic plinking club with a HFT practice course open 7 days a week, dawn till dusk then check out Blackburn Outdoor Airgun Club as many others from Blackpool do.

I forgot to check this for responses. Thanks for the welcomes.

I.J. I actually tried rivi a few evenings last time round. Whilst a fantastic club midweek evenings aren't open to me anymore (my wife works and I look after the bairn).

I plan to try Tawd for FT as it is the biggest itch I want to scratch.

BOAC is an interesting one. I had found their website but the information is very limited. Even as a plinking range open 7 days that sounds nice. I've been slogging all the way down to atherton for my fix recently and they don't open Monday and Tuesday.

Would you recommend just turning up there or calling the secretary?

Hi,
    A warm welcome awaits you at B.O.A.C.
    Email the secretary via the link on the website, or turn up on a Sunday between 11 and 1 to speak to a committee member.
    Your 1st visit will be free.
    If you need directions, see the website or p.m me for details.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by cheesyleps View Post

I.J. I actually tried rivi a few evenings last time round. Whilst a fantastic club midweek evenings aren't open to me anymore (my wife works and I look after the bairn).

Would you recommend just turning up there or calling the secretary?
    Thank you for your kind comments re Rivi. We do have Sunday meetings on our indoor every Sunday and outdoor most Sundays unless we are away to a local comp.

If your going to call Rivis secretary you could say hes a short @rse with an odd sense of humour.

Good luck with whatever club you choose. You wont go far wrong.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk