Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Arms Mistral valuation, lots of pics

Good question but I can't remember. Too much water under the bridge and a few changes of guns in between.

Mistral

I had a very near mint one in .22 with barrel weight attached and period scope and sold it for £270.

Mistral Evaluation

It is only worth what others would pay, and I know of some instances where these rifles have been changing hands in v.good condition for around £250. Mint for £280.

The era these rifles belong to, and the fact that this is early quality British / English Engineering, albeit from a relatively young but influential up and coming company at the time will mean that they are becoming rare and sought in an "unmolested state".

I can remember the Air Arms reviews and the intro's from this period (geriatric). They were not a company at the time able to boast a huge following. Market Pitch at the time in my view was:
    FWB HW (high end) Webley & BSA (Mid to high), and ASi - Relum budget ......Theoben and Air Arms less popular, they were very well reported but they were not sold in high numbers back then like others mentioned apart from a large number of the Jackal Varients (Thanks to Catalogue industry).

Catalogues like Kays, littlewoods etc.....actually sold Air rifle kits back then but ceased around 1982ish ? Jackals were available through them. The improved (opinion) Wood stack variants were therefore not mass marketed per se at every TD&H. Other rifles.. FWB Sport and Webley (Hawks esp) are here in greater numbers because of this for example.

Hence the term collectible when I reference to these. They will appreciate..not depreciate.

Pastie...