Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RWs 45

Quote Originally Posted by original45 View Post
    i love these big time . My very first rifle the 45 which Dave pope and Steve tuned for me some years latter.
    It was one of the best I had shot of the 45s out the box in the first place and I have many many 45s to put it against .but was so consistent and better after the tune ,the leather seal was rolled on blotting paper ,new guide,brass friction washer ,spring ,trigger spring replacement and polish and a very skilful closing of the rear cylinder around the trigger unit .
    Testament to venoms skill and knowledge its dam good.
    I always preferred the original name myself as it is what it is "original".
    Strange how Diana rws original recalled the 45 to replace the sprung steel safety plate for plastic yet very few have the plastic safety ,I only have one too.
    The anniversary model looks nice with the side plates with images on in 177 only though.

Enjoy your 45.
    thanks,

Remember what i said to you Dave, "although not chronoed the 45 seemed to be up there with my HW80's" Now you know!!!! Atb

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Scratch View Post
    Remember what i said to you Dave, "although not chronoed the 45 seemed to be up there with my HW80's" Now you know!!!! Atb
    It is more powerful than my original 45 in .22, has it had work done in the past do you know Will give it a good work out in the week has time allows, but really looking forward too it.

I sold my RWS 45 (i think as i can't find it). I bought it new after reading Jim Tylers review in Sporting Air Rifle,i already had the Original 45 in .177 so opted for .22 with the RWS.Sadly it had little use because the pellets i was using back then were a very tight fit then after not so many shots later it would not engage the trigger.I found it to be a faulty piston & read later is was a common fault on the RWS.
    I still liked how it handled & think the trigger is nice to use, this was like new should have kept it.

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    I sold my RWS 45 (i think as i can't find it). I bought it new after reading Jim Tylers review in Sporting Air Rifle,i already had the Original 45 in .177 so opted for .22 with the RWS.Sadly it had little use because the pellets i was using back then were a very tight fit then after not so many shots later it would not engage the trigger.I found it to be a faulty piston & read later is was a common fault on the RWS.
    I still liked how it handled & think the trigger is nice to use, this was like new should have kept it.
    Hey Mick, your has bad has me mate, cant find a rifle, to many guns Sir agree though the 45 is a cracker, be it RWS or Original.