Thread: Daisy 500 Tinplate

Daisy 500 Tinplate

Can anybody identify the model number and age of this Daisy 500. I think it dates from the 1930s and may be a Mod 33. It's been on the wall in my stairwell for 20yrs and now has to go, so any idea on value.

Model B 500 shot Variant 1 nickel finish circa 1910-1923 value £350 ? Is the back sight cast iron?

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

daisy tinplate

Hi
    your Daisy has a butt plate it seems the 500 shot model B didn't apply butt plates to any of their variations
    can you write and tell me whats wrote on top of the barrel ?
    It looks in great condition has it been refinished ?
    The value you've been given is a bit OT
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by brdrew View Post
    Hi
    your Daisy has a butt plate it seems the 500 shot model B didn't apply butt plates to any of their variations
    can you write and tell me whats wrote on top of the barrel ?
    It looks in great condition has it been refinished ?
    The value you've been given is a bit OT
    Brian
    1 According to Blue Book page 223 (8th edition) this particular model had a steel buttplate. 2. Includes my £100 sales commission.

Baz

Looks like it has been refinished. These never looked so good when new. The originals were nickel plate and this one looks like chrome.
    Few collectors, at least in the US, would be interested. Refinishing usually drops a vintage airgun down to poor condition. But, Daisy nuts aren't called nuts for nuthin' might go over well at auction.

The butt plate is steel, cant tell if rear sight is cast iron or steel. No writing can be seen on the barrel under a loop.

I would agree with Dean, that it has been refinished. When that was done I can't say as it came to me like it is and that was at least 20 years ago.

Daisy

Hi
    The writing is on top of the barrel by the back site you show it in your pictures but is a job to read
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    The butt plate is steel, cant tell if rear sight is cast iron or steel. No writing can be seen on the barrel under a loop.

I would agree with Dean, that it has been refinished. When that was done I can't say as it came to me like it is and that was at least 20 years ago.
    You can see if the back sight is cast or a steel pressing. A steel pressing will just be thin material but a casting will be bulkier, should be easy to see the difference. From the photos it looks like a casting, a close up would be easier.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by brdrew View Post
    Hi
    The writing is on top of the barrel by the back site you show it in your pictures but is a job to read
    Brian
    This is the wording - 500 shot DAISY DAISY MFG CO
    PLYMOUTH.MICH.USA
    PAT OCT 01.1901- JULY 19.1904
    OTHERS PENDING

The rear sight is cast