Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mastersport 124 valuation

Mastersport

Hi Richard do you have any idea of a price as I would be interested please
    Atb
    Dean
    Daystate Airwolf MVT.22 40ft RUGER77/17hmr RUGER SR22
    "DON'T EVER SHOOT A 17 HMR. What ever you thought you knew about 22 rim fires, and loved about them, will be lost forever. It's like dumping your wife for Miss America."

Beautiful rifle Richard, Hard to put a value on these, I have a Mastersport 124 in my collection but mine has the Tyrolean stock. Superb rifles and very rare,

There are only so many MasterSports, and they were made in the new era of air rifle use and competition; the fabulous 80's.
    No one really knows what premium to place on them in the collectors market. Does a grand prix winner gain a premium? Venom hold a premium but its not huge and very dependant on pure looks. There is a premium on a Mastersport but again not huge.
    OK, there were several tuners in the 80's, and different grades of finish. There we several lovely rifles to be had at the time like Theobens. Then PCP's destroyed the market. Lesson learnt from those tune custom days can be found on the better springers offered to day, and the after market tuning kits.
    To make a replica wouldn't be that difficult as the parts and stock can be replicated. The tuning too. So there is a limit even if not original.

Guns generally don't hold a premium for winning competitions, but do if owned by someone seriously famous. Did Churchill have an air rifle? Maggie Thatchers Theoben!!!

A good example of a Mastersport then £500; see how it goes. £450 or £650 still wouldn't be robbing anyone. There isn't a price, the value is whatever to let it go. Don't think you will get it back.

I don't like the look of the Mastersport as they loose the FWB Sport's elegance; look like a HW80.

The Mastersport FWB looks nowt like an HW80, it still keeps its sleek lines and light weight, the 80 was always a hunk of a rifle even in Custom guise, the Mastersport was sleek and easy to handle.

I agree, but to me I just love the original factory Sport's profile. Just add some better wood. Had to go shoot my 124, smack on..