Thread: Heavyweight Cougar

Heavyweight Cougar

Just repaired a British Cougar pistol that weighs a ton, and looked like it had been run over by a truck. Seized piston, broken grips etc. Does anyone know the history of these, it looks like it had a folding stock originally.

Baz

Last edited by Benelli B76; 01-11-2016 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Add pic
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Fine piece of British rubbish.
    But people do collect them.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...rpions0005.jpg

Here are some pictures of the Milbro couger.made in scotland by Milbro and supposed to be the Milbro answer to the BSA scorpion pistol afraid not very succesfully.the lower picture is of a Black Major the last of Milbros attempts before they shut down,had a strange holograph type of sight.very strange, .mine has no sight as it came without hard to get hold of i would think Hope this gives you some insight into the model SPROAT
    Last edited by sproat; 01-11-2016 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sproat View Post
    http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/...rpions0005.jpg

Here are some pictures of the Milbro couger.made in scotland by Milbro and supposed to be the Milbro answer to the BSA scorpion pistol afraid not very succesfully.the lower picture is of a Black Major the last of Milbros attempts before they shut down,had a strange holograph type of sight.very strange, .mine has no sight as it came without hard to get hold of i would think Hope this gives you some insight into the model SPROAT
    Thanks for the pic, nice to see the boxed offering as they were marketed, adding to gingernuts detailed information on these pistols. Was glad to give it back to the owner this afternoon.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

They used a plastic for the grips that looked a lot like wood but was incredibly brittle. It is extremely rare to find one without cracked plastic's and the trigger is one of the worst I have ever used.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

tap in cougar to the search field, plenty of info there, cheers Roll

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    They used a plastic for the grips that looked a lot like wood but was incredibly brittle. It is extremely rare to find one without cracked plastic's and the trigger is one of the worst I have ever used.
    That's what I said

Cougar

I think the Cougar was the poor man's BSA Scorpion. I am sure I've got the Milbro add poster somewhere, it features a Cougar and a young lady who was obviously very cold when they took the photo

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    I think the Cougar was the poor man's BSA Scorpion. I am sure I've got the Milbro add poster somewhere, it features a Cougar and a young lady who was obviously very cold when they took the photo
    That poster must have sold more Cougars than any salesman's demo

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    That poster must have sold more Cougars than any salesman's demo

John
    Did I ever show you the one with the G80 and Bobcat?, taken on an equally cold day. Mind you it would have been Scotland in the 70's, and having been there then, it was bloody cold