The example I've picked up has certainly been used, but having had it apart seems pretty mechanically sound. Piston seal is still fairly white, breech seal might need replacing, but the spring was a bit wonky so I replaced it with one that I've got lying around that looked pretty similar (slightly larger ID and OD) and that's all fine but it is a bit twangier now though which I expect will be fixed with some delrin. Cocks more easily though and is now putting out 11+ rather than the 9 it was before.

Cosmetically though it is a bit of a puzzle. The stock is fine, a few dings and scratches but not abused, in fact it seems in better condition than the metalwork for it's age (20+ years). The main cosmetic issue is that it's pretty scratched all down the LHS of the barrel to the extent that I reckon I'd like it reblued. The question is, are guns like your house? Once you've decorated one room the rest looks a bit tired and then needs doing as well?

So if I'm going for a reblue, do I just get the whole action done or can I get away with just the barrel?

Thoughts?

...oh and is there a cure for the rattly cocking arm?

Thanks,

Rob.