Thread: BSA Ultra MMC Review

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    What a load of rubbish you speak on the ultra , I have said before to you that is your opinion
    I had one and loved it ,wish i never sold it and with hw mod it was as quiet as most PCP guns . The hammer might have a been a bit on the noisy side
    Never had the pellet probe break ,even after 10,000 + pellets through it and to say pulling you off aim is rubbish !!
    They were known for breaking the probe release and the pellet probe itself. MMC does pull you off aim, most of them came out of the factory equipped with the slightly weaker Bullworker springs. They were loud, they are a very short carbine and compared to other carbines were noticeably louder.

They were however accurate, note I did not say anything about accuracy. I had one, for three weeks. The MMC was a pain in the backside after the smooth operation of the sidelever of an S10 and was more akin to batting a plane into land on an aircraft carrier than it was to air rifle shooting. The only positive advantage was that it did allow the rifle to be decocked easily, problem was you then had to remember you had one up the spout. But to be truthful even with a couple up the breech it could still shove them out of the barrel!

You have your opinion, I have mine, mine was not the experience either you or catatonia had with the thing. Great gun, crap cocking mechanism!

Still does not address the point that he does not seem to know the difference between a side lever and a rear bolt though!
    Last edited by secretagentmole; 01-05-2017 at 09:05 PM.