Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
Have you ever seen how dive cylinders are thrown around on boats ?
Mine's never left the bedroom other than for filling.
There are robust inspection and testing practises.
As for the rifles, keep the tin worm at bay as you would a springer and don't use the rifle as a pry bar or a cricket bat and you'll be ok
The biggest worry is the P1000, its FUGLY
Robs got it spot on, if a cylinder is going to go it will go at the weakest point - which is the O ring, it will hiss like a battered snake and louder than you can whistle, you may even pee a little, but you will be fine!

The chances of one actual exploding are hundreds of thousands to one, I would think that the whole of this forum, with it's thousands of years of combined air gun experience covering probably hundreds of thousands of guns - no one has actually see a cylinder explode unless it was a controlled experiment. (and I'm not counting seals blowing as above which is scary but fairy harmless)

On the dive cylinder bit - I used to dive for around 14 years very frequently and I've seen tanks get dropped 20ft down a pier wall onto Concreat and not be damaged. I've also seen others doing the same and the valve being damaged and guess what - massive O ring failure which was as loud as a firework - people were literal feet away and cacked themselves, but no one got hurt.

Yep - P1000 is the scary bugger

James