Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
Asi sniper. That takes me back. My friend as a young teen had one and i loved shooting that gun. A collection can be several or hundreds like some guys on here have. Its not about how many so stop worrying on that fact. Its whats precious to you and in my case brings back memories of guns i had or lusted after in my youth. I have a modest collection of 18. But am selling a few of the newer ones to fund my thirst for more again of the older rifles. Just enjoy the experience and memories they bring when you hold or use them. No amount of money can give you the same satisfaction i find myself anyway. Regards. Chris
Thanks Chris, it's certainly about enjoyment & nostalgia for me but I also want rifles I can use fairly regularly, so I doubt my collection will get too large. I had a mate with an ASI (don't remember which model it was) and another with a BSA Mercury so have great memories of using both as I wasn't allowed my own rifle until I was 15, although my uncle did buy me a GAT pistol (much to my mum's disgust) when I was 14!

As I said yesterday, I'm really chuffed with the ASI I picked up as it just feels like a rifle that'll make me smile when I shoot it. I'm going to build a proper little 'tin can alley' in the garden for it too

All the best