Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
Never tried a 177 Superstar or heard that the 177 barrel could be an issue, is it just the Superstar 177 or was it all of the BSA types of that generation it effects? Was it general varriabillity or just that they were not as inherrently accurate as the HW barrels?
Accupells & Superdomes seem to perform well. Im not sure about the mechanical design aspect of the two trigger mechanisms when you compare them to one another but the BSA's I have tried seem pretty good to me. Once set they seem to hold their adjustment & be very useable. The Rekord units always get the enthusiastic comments but from a user's point of view are they really that better?
I have several Superstars including 0.177 and Carbine versions.....I have never heard of any problems, the only thing I can think of was possibly a review of loading 0.177 pellets into the rotary breech with boxing gloves on. Compared to my HW77's and other HW's, also Anschutz 335 and a MasterSport FWB 127, the Superstars will match them any day - mind, I only shoot open sights.

Curious enough, my Superstars shoot the modern, so called inferior Wasps, as good as the Superdomes......

All the best.......By the way; Anyone migrating from Superstars and enjoying troublesome PCP's, cylinders/testing, wonky fittings, mysterious leaks and boring pellet after pellet in the same hole, give us a shout - I may be interested in your un-loved Superstar....