Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
Hello to All,

I use the below trio of HWs in the MPL :

HW30S - Vortek PG2 kit 7.8 ft.lb with JSB Express (7.87 gr.), 3mm post front site, Gehmann 590 rear-sight, Anschutz 9775 0.5 --> 3 aperture.

HW99S - Full Shauny tune - 11.1 ft.lb with JSB Express (7.87 gr.), 3mm post front site, Gehmann 590 rear-sight, Anschutz 9775 0.5 --> 3 aperture.

HW95 Super Match - Wonky Donky Extreme short-stroke tune - 8.7 ft.lb with RWS R10 Pistol (6.99 gr.), Centra score front tunnel with 4.6 mm Centra Glass element, Gehmann 590 rear-sight, Anschutz 9775 0.5 --> 3 aperture.

The Gehmann 590s have been drilled & tapped to take a 3 mm screw to act as an arrestor. This is needed as most modern aperture sights do not have the clamping force needed on a recoiling springer.

Serously reducing a springers output, whilst maintaining a fast shot cycle is very, very difficult.

The Wonky Donky extreme short-stroke was the best that could be achieved - seriously lightened piston with bearings, piston extension to short stroke, and a long & soft spring.

The shot cycle is a quick as it was when the rifle made 11 ft.lb. - indeed, the shot cycle of the above rifles are much quicker than on 'traditional' recoiling 10m springers such as the Walther LG55 & LGV.

The experiences reducing the HW95s power, led me to leave the output of the 99S at 11 ft.lb, as the rifle is perfectly balanced at that output.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

That's a seriously large lump for a grip that you have on your HW99S Russ!

......and that bright orange/yellow coloured stock make's it stand out even more - it makes my standard brown wood HW Minelli made stock look a little dull

Was this stock custom sprayed - or did HW actually get a bit enthusiastic and supply it that way?

I like the orange colour co-ordinated dioptre too - nice touch.

Is that a 'special" optional stock or is it a German spec. option that we don't have over here?