Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
Terry I don't think that all who have commented are so respectful towards all animals as you thats why the term tree rats is used, the other methods to control are being looked at by some as a kind of package of methods.
I use the term 'tree rat', due to the possible mis-interpretation of calling them 'squirrels' (and all the arguments that can bring on) - don't get me wrong, I like nothing better than watching nature & have spent hours watching rabbits, hares, deer and all manner of birds, from wrens to eagles, I'm not a town dweller, so don't view nature as 'pretty, pretty' and know that it is vicious, I wont use poison to kill a rat, nor a lethal trap, both of those options aren't 'specific' enough (poison will enter the food chain & it's a horrible, painful death) lethal traps will kill/maim anything that sets them off, from mice and voles through to larger animals - so I use either a 'live capture' trap or an air rifle at ranges where I'm usually very unlikely to miss. There is no 'right' or 'wrong' view on the killing of pests - either you agree with it, or you don't - obviously, you don't agree with it, your privilege.