Thread: Walter lgv speziale

Walter lgv speziale

hi all

my lgv's piston seal has given up the ghost, any ideas where I can source one in the UK please?

I understand there are some non walther replacements that use a hw30 seal but can't seem to locate any that are in stock.

Another question too, if I may? Does anyone know what parts are interchangeable between 55's and the lgv as this might widen the scope for me

thanks in advance

LGV seal sits on a detachable carrier. Fabricated one to take HW seal. Would be easier with a lathe.

LG 55 sits on a washer screw fixed to piston. HW seal sits straight on the washer. Sloppy fit but OK for temporary fix. Still there on ours but only occasional use. Need to make a better fit washer sometime.

May have a spare seal for you. Will look tomorrow.

P.S. internals interchangeable methinks. Again check tomorrow.

Greatly appreciative of that thank you. The pictures are a great help as I still have to get the end cap off the barrel as it is on very tight and am concerned about damaging it, so left some wd40 to soak through and waiting for that at the moment

Would the carrier need to be metal? As I could 3d print one but not sure if the plastic would be up to the continual impact however saying that could try it with a metallised filament after making up some plastic ones for fit

To my simple mind there's little stress on the adapter in any direction. Compression would be highest if any piston slam present.
    In any event failure would be unlikely to cause significant collateral.
    Let me know if you want a seal.