Quote Originally Posted by RustyBuzz View Post
I thought that I had better expand on the Airmasters back story. Airmasters was a brand of the company ‘Knok Down Targets’.

The first knock down targets were very unreliable. They took too much energy to register a hit and when the HW80 came along, before the chrono was introduced, a hit on the faceplate, anywhere above the kill area would trigger the target. So in early ‘82, if you had a .22 80 your kill area was around 4” square.

This was cause for considerable frustration for most competitors so one Saturday afternoon my old man, John, sat down to design a better target. By ‘Any Answers’ the next day he had the design for what would become the ‘Knok Down’ target.

This target was rapidly adopted by NARPA and then BASC and became the standard. Webley became the distributor and that, along with the custom work, created enough income for John and Dave to go full time and to launch shop in Hibbert Street.

The component manufacturing was a very important revenue stream for the business. This became Dave’s main focus, although he was still the main man with anything FWB. We manufactured targets, silencers, trigger shoes, scope mounts, set back triggers, target boxes, etc all onsite.

Attached is our full offering for targets.

Richard, if I’m not mistaken this photograph is in an A5 sized AirMasters catalogue. I’ve loving held onto a copy since I picked it up at the midland game fair in the late 80’s/early 90’s. The centre spread is a few Shamals in ft/s stocks, previous to that page, the 77’s and the FWB’s.
We moved house a few years back and I can’t find the catalogue now (it’s here still - but in a box ‘somewhere’). If you have the photographs from that catalogue I’d be over the moon to see them again.
Cheers mate, Craig