Thread: Glad to be back

Glad to be back

Though I would re-introduce my self.
    1st joined in 2015 then sold all my rifles about two and a half years later.
    Like may before regret starts creeping in and I thought I would look at the posts and reviews before buying another rifle.
    Again going to start with a springer and wondered if any new rifles stand out from the rest or any of the old ones have been
    reinvented to make them stand out.
    1st one that comes to mind is my old one I had the Air Arms TX200 but wondered in anything new had happened to the mk3 in the last couple of years.
    2nd is the Weihrauch HW97k not had one before but this one appeals.
    any info advice etc greatly appreciated before I buy one of these.
    Thanks
    Gary

Welcome to the forum, Gary.

All the best Mick

Decision making

Hi Gary
    Welcome back firstly and like yourself have had an absence from shooting for a little while.
    I have both tx200 and hw97k which have been fettled and a tough one to choose from I must admit.
    You are getting some great advice from others on another thread in regards to your choice but I don’t know if anyone has asked you what kind of shooting you are looking at doing i.e hunt,hft or ft?
    So in regards to that if it was hft or ft I would try get to a club where many an obliging person will let you have a go with their pride and joy which would give you a chance to handle and shoot them with input from people of what they like about their particular choice and any problems they had in regards to their purchase whilst giving you a chance to find if you favour one over
    the other.
    I don’t think you would be disappointed with either way tbh and everyone has their bias one way or another but you would do best spending time and effort trying to find what suits you best before you part with your cash.
    Just my two penneth worth
    Good luck in your quest
    Regards
    Damian

Quote Originally Posted by damas View Post
    Hi Gary
    Welcome back firstly and like yourself have had an absence from shooting for a little while.
    I have both tx200 and hw97k which have been fettled and a tough one to choose from I must admit.
    You are getting some great advice from others on another thread in regards to your choice but I don’t know if anyone has asked you what kind of shooting you are looking at doing i.e hunt,hft or ft?
    So in regards to that if it was hft or ft I would try get to a club where many an obliging person will let you have a go with their pride and joy which would give you a chance to handle and shoot them with input from people of what they like about their particular choice and any problems they had in regards to their purchase whilst giving you a chance to find if you favour one over
    the other.
    I don’t think you would be disappointed with either way tbh and everyone has their bias one way or another but you would do best spending time and effort trying to find what suits you best before you part with your cash.
    Just my two penneth worth
    Good luck in your quest
    Regards
    Damian
    Cheers Damian will start off with some pest control 1st then as before will join a club