Thread: Umarex Walther PPK/S

Umarex Walther PPK/S

Hi all,

Has anyone owned/used the newer version of the Walther PPK/S CO2 pistol and can testify as to the quality of the newer version? I know they changed the screw type CO2 tightener for a hex screw so it doesn't stick out of the bottom, but were any other changes made to the pistol?

I ask because I owned one of the early models as did a friend, and both ended up breaking with not much use. I want one in the collection but not if its going to fall apart!

Cheers

JD

screw'ed up modification

So Umarex thought long and hard about ways to improve upon their PPK, after several meetings, mulling over multiple design changes and improvements in the structural integrity of the pistol they finally went with......(drum roll please)

They changed the CO2 bulb tightening screw, it made all the difference in the world, well tbh honest it was a bit of a anti-climax but hey they tried.......

Quote Originally Posted by SkullSeeker View Post
    So Umarex thought long and hard about ways to improve upon their PPK, after several meetings, mulling over multiple design changes and improvements in the structural integrity of the pistol they finally went with......(drum roll please)

They changed the CO2 bulb tightening screw, it made all the difference in the world, well tbh honest it was a bit of a anti-climax but hey they tried.......
    Seems like a waste of the license on that model, love the shape and design of it but not worth the relatively low price tag if it cant stand up to basic plinking

I'm not sure how much use this will be to you but I also own one of the earlier type ones with the more obtrusive toggle.

Admittedly it hasn't had LOTS of use (maybe 20 capsules) but it has been reliable so far. No breakages, no mis-feeds, jams etc. and great fun in the garden on tin cans in these troubled times.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

These CAN be repaired-with a little patience

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I'm not sure how much use this will be to you but I also own one of the earlier type ones with the more obtrusive toggle.

Admittedly it hasn't had LOTS of use (maybe 20 capsules) but it has been reliable so far. No breakages, no mis-feeds, jams etc. and great fun in the garden on tin cans in these troubled times.
    I have had a couple of these for awhile now. The first one didn't work when I got it, so naturally I took it apart. The valve body is made of unobtainium (zinc) and is somewhat soft. The threads holding it together stripped and the valve was leaking. I was able to "patch" it all back together with the help of a little "liquid steel" epoxy and patiently waited for it to harden completely. A day or so later and it all went back together without a hitch. Still holds gas to this day. Of course, it it ever starts to leak at the valve again it will no doubt become a wall hanger It was not an expensive piece to begin with, so no harm-no foul!

Seems that I'm a sucker for a PPK - I've just ordered a new one from our German friends at SWS. Maybe being older and wiser, and the wealth of knowledge on the forums I will be able to solve any issues with performance.

The looks of the gun wins for me, hopefully not to my downfall with this one....

Excellent; you'll enjoy it all over again!

I've just had a very pleasurable hour bouncing Tango cans all over with mine.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Mine split the frame at the bottom where the screw goes through to tighten the CO capsule.
    Tried all sorts including liquid metal, but its toast, so nothing but a wall hanger now.
    Shame, as I liked the little gun !

Who is SWS please ?
    I want to replace it with another blowback in the collection, and my 92FS is a little loud in the garden.
    I was trying to work out who it is people get mail order deliveries from in Germany.

Thanks,
    Andy

Hi Andy,

I could be wrong here and I haven't personally used them, but SWS is something like Sports Waffen Schneider, I think. Give it a try on Google and see if you can find it. If not, maybe ask on the main General Airgun Section, as many on here have used them.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hi Andy,

I could be wrong here and I haven't personally used them, but SWS is something like Sports Waffen Schneider, I think. Give it a try on Google and see if you can find it. If not, maybe ask on the main General Airgun Section, as many on here have used them.
    This is correct - I have ordered 3 pistols from them over the last 3 weeks and all have arrived in great time and in perfect condition. Went for nickel/wood combo CP88 and Beretta 92FS along with the PPK/S. I ordered the PPK on Monday PM/Tuesday AM (20th) and it arrived today via DPD.

I am not sure if posting links is allowed (new member sorry) but a Google of Sportswaffen Schneider will get you to their site. It can be translated via Google so easy to navigate etc.

I had a look on SWS, but without registering I could not see a way to find out shipping costs to the UK. What sort of amount would it be for a small item like the PPK?

Also, it says tax at 19%, is this included in the shown price, or in addition to it? I am guessing the latter...
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Shame they weren't built like the Baikal Makarovs out of steel, sturdy strong that will last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    I had a look on SWS, but without registering I could not see a way to find out shipping costs to the UK. What sort of amount would it be for a small item like the PPK?

Also, it says tax at 19%, is this included in the shown price, or in addition to it? I am guessing the latter...
    No, you don't pay tax extra. With delivery I paid around 106 euro so about £93. They give you the option of DPD or DHL delivery at the end of the transaction, DHL being the cheaper. I used DHL on all mine and delivered very quickly.

Had one from 2005 to about 2011 got allot of use and never missed a beat, sold it to my cousin and he still uses it, not sure if the new ones are as reliable