Thread: HW 45 black star

HW 45 black star I’m after Fas 604/6004

I bought a like new HW45 black star last week, but unfortunately my right hand can’t grip since stroke, I have HW 75 and can cock this ok, because it works on closing rather on opening.
    I hoping to get a Fas 604/6004 so who wants to do a swap, or can buy outright

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YDUwb3vg4cC7q9iY7
    Regards
    TPM
    Last edited by The Pie Man; 28-05-2020 at 08:10 PM.
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Common options are the HW40 (or its cheaper imitations like the P17), the Webley Alecto, and the Gamo Compact.
    Can't speak for the compact, but I owned a P17 and it could be a bit stiff to close - you have less leverage than with the HW75. The Alecto is very civilised on one stroke: you can pump it multiple times to increase power but this isn't really necessary for backyard plinking and paper punching. The Alecto has a very nice set of open sights and is well served for rails to attach optics. Some models can also accept a moderator, and with a moderator attached they are extremely quiet, useful for not bothering the neighbors.
    Good deals with these members

I do like Fas as there’s room to put pellet in, and looks easy to cock...
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    I do like Fas as there’s room to put pellet in, and looks easy to cock...
    Apparently the newer ones have issues, so perhaps getting an older model 2nd hand may be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Apparently the newer ones have issues, so perhaps getting an older model 2nd hand may be the way to go.
    I have read that the rear sight adjustments screw gets stripped,what else have you heard ?
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    I have read that the rear sight adjustments screw gets stripped,what else have you heard ?
    The same, plus a few negative comments about general quality. I've not been looking out for it specifically but that's what I've seen in passing.

Sadly the current situation makes it not practical or safe but if you're still looking in a few months I could pop up to you with my Alecto so you could try it out, I'm only a few miles up the road.

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    The same, plus a few negative comments about general quality. I've not been looking out for it specifically but that's what I've seen in passing.

Sadly the current situation makes it not practical or safe but if you're still looking in a few months I could pop up to you with my Alecto so you could try it out, I'm only a few miles up the road.
    Yes that would be great 👍
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star