Thread: Haenel 49a plinking session

Haenel 49a plinking session

Just had a plinking session with my new Daisy Red Ryder and my mates Haenel 49a.

Short vid here:
    https://youtu.be/CUL9auL47c4

Great fun, Daisy is amazing value at £60 new and I’d love a 49a at some point.

Is it the best of the military trainers? Certainly popular.

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Just had a plinking session with my new Daisy Red Ryder and my mates Haenel 49a.

Short vid here:
    https://youtu.be/CUL9auL47c4

Great fun, Daisy is amazing value at £60 new and I’d love a 49a at some point.

Is it the best of the military trainers? Certainly popular.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Nooo. VZ 35.

Though the little light ones do have a grin factor. I picked up a tell 200 recently and it’s great fun, if practically a toy.
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Nooo. VZ 35.

Though the little light ones do have a grin factor. I picked up a tell 200 recently and it’s great fun, if practically a toy.
    Thanks,
    I can see the VZ35 is as good as it gets.

The cheaper VZ47 looks good, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of the non-linear cocking stroke, the handle seems travel on an arc rather than straight back and forward.

There's a good vid on the VZ47 but the accuracy test at the end is disappointing, not sure if it's just that particular example.

https://youtu.be/0Px4YHTbvMk

So what do you think's the best combination of the grin factor, as you say, and quality? My mates Haenel 49A is really accurate and great fun to shoot.
    I'm erring towards an Anschutz 275, easy to cock and quite accurate with slightly better build quality than the Haenel.

What do you think?

Cheers,
    Matt

The vzs are a lot heavier than the 49a, which is a drawback in the pure fun stakes, but the full wood rather than sporter look is nice. I had to think hard about what you said about cocking, which may suggest you don’t really notice it or may suggest I’m not observant!

The MARS 115 is lighter, has the full stock, has a straight back and forth cocking stroke you refer to, and cocks on closure for that lee Enfield feel! I don’t have the MARS 100 or 86 but believe they are similar but for length

I picked up an Annie at Kempton/Epsom/sandown. It had had the barrel reduced for a carbine look so not really collectible anymore, and I must admit I was in two minds about it.

However for grin factor it certainly hits the spot and there’s got to be room in the cupboard for that, right?

At the end of the day though only the vz35 takes a bayonet
    Morally flawed