Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Year Resolution

Good luck with your disposals Trev.
    It comes to some of us in the end if we have no one to pass the collections on to. I've been disposing of my collection for several years but still have a few to go.
    How are you going to cope with your local PO not willing to handle airguns? Is that a personal decision by the postmaster/mistress, or is it the law in NZ ?
    I hope your website continues for many years to come, as it's a mine of useful information and excellent photographs.

How did you know?

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Will you keep one? Which one?
    I have a boxed,minty Crosman SA6 purchased in 1959(I think)=I'll keep it.;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    I wish you the kind of will power you've managed to demonstrate in previous years John.

Good luck.

Dave
    Ho ho. Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by cinedux View Post
    Here is a pre-Xmas warning to NZ Airgun collectors. Early next year I will attempt to divest myself of most of my collection.Time to pass things on!In it are many of the items that can be seen at my old website(cinedux.com)A Merry Xmas to all!
    PS I look out the window and see a couple of big black yatchs readying themselves? PRADA Cup starts this afternoon.
    http://cinedux.com/
    Ive always enjoyed visiting your site- it's very well done. As are the Test Fire test reports.
    Best of luck with the sale and for 2021 and beyond, Trevor.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Sorry to hear you're finally letting go of the last bits of your collection, Trev, after a lifetime of airgun collecting, but I understand. With any luck you'll stick around here for many years to come.

I wonder if Mick (walnutfarmermick) is planning to take a container out of New Zealand in 2021? It would be great to have the stuff back here!

Good luck with whatever you choose to do and Happy Christmas Trev.

For younger collectors and those that don't know it, Trevor has been the best of us and his cinedux.com web site is a phenomenon, replicated and preserved (hopefully) forever in the vintage airguns gallery.

Hi Danny,

My first instinct when I saw this thread was to offer but things are so uncertain at present. I should have been there at the end of last March but lockdown caught me out. I actually have at least one one truck and 3 motorbikes bought and paid for. A second truck has been promised for about 5 years but I can only have it when it's replacement is on the road. And there's the Safari Land Rover (LHD) I bought in a weak moment. I doubt it I could get the 3 of them in the same container with 2 being full bodied rather than chassiscabs. Not that that would stop me squeezing in the odd airgun or ten.

Which brings me rather neatly to my wife's big fear. I've already outlived any of mum's family by 5 years ( National Health orange juice? ) and she's afraid off me popping off and her being stuck with my stock in trade. While I plan to live for ever, I have to admit the odds are against it and other folk's goods would make things even more complicated.

The big problem is the imponderable. I'm happy to help but don't know when. I'll be happy to discuss it with anybody either through the column or by PM. I haven't yet met Trevor but that's been scheduled for ages. I always seem to be tearing through Auckland at antisocial hours.

ATB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

I'm not dying Danny(well,not to quicklyI hope) but 'gun collecting'

simply isn't an approved hobby for a chap living in a Retirement Village Apartment building.If I want to take an airgun down to the garage I can't rely on a lift being vacant until after midnight.So,Mick may be an answer-I've a lovely working Sheridan Sporter(B) to go! I reckon the ribbed barrel makes it classier than trhe Model A.Also a good working Town & Country (108) Crosman....

So all we need is Mick to fill Trevor’s collection into a container and get it to KP in the Spring
    Simples 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    So all we need is Mick to fill Trevor’s collection into a container and get it to KP in the Spring
    Simples 😁
    From your lips to God's ears, Pete.

What's happening at KP in the spring? Got a provisional date yet?

Time to put it in the new calendar, folks. You don't want to miss it.

All the best, Mick

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post

All the best, Mick
    https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....021/#post-5817
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Trev,

I wish you the very best in the next chapter of what I hope will be a long and happy life.

I have hugely appreciated reading your posts on here (please continue!) and your scrapbook is brilliant and a great resource for researchers and collectors. One of the best out there.

All the best for what comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post

All the best, Mick

We still have a date booked in March for an indoor Fair at Kempton, but it is a 500/1 outsider in racing terms as the Venue owners fear contamination and that would risk Horse racing fixtures.

As a back-up, 5 outdoor Fair dates are booked like the one we had in July. They are planned for the first Sundays in May - September.

Sorry I can not do more.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    We still have a date booked in March for an indoor Fair at Kempton, but it is a 500/1 outsider in racing terms as the Venue owners fear contamination and that would risk Horse racing fixtures.

As a back-up, 5 outdoor Fair dates are booked like the one we had in July. They are planned for the first Sundays in May - September.

Sorry I can not do more.
    You've done a good best, already, Pete.

The sport has to be grateful.

ATB, Mick

PS, On another post - did you mean you wouldn't buy a Girandoni or wouldn't buy another Girandonl?