Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
As far as I can make out, Tone, they're the same stroke as the HW50, so about 65mm, which would tie in with John Walther's Airgun book which tells of a HW55 model that used a HW50 cylinder and barrel latch ?

Hopefully I can stretch the stroke to around 72mm but I may be able to go a little more, it's very difficult to give an exact figure until I've measured everything up a few times.
I can't work measurements from the HW50 I have in bits as I have a 99 barrel on that which moves the cocking lever about 3mm forwards of it's normal position.

All the best Mick
Ah, great stuff. The HW55 is the best gun Weihrauch made by quite a margin. I have no doubt you could get over 11fpe with an increase in stroke but they shoot magnificently well at 6-7fpe I would be tempted to keep it at that level and give it a good spit and polish tune, sized synthetic piston seal, standard spring etc. They can get very close to the original Walther LGV's in terms of smoothness and I don't think recoilling spring air rifles get any better than that. For a target work in the garden it would be ideal.
Of course, if you can get all that at 11fpe... oof!