Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
Lincoln Jeffries springs to mind, although he supposedly "improved" aspects of the foreign guns he sold and stamped up before he came up with his tap loading patent. I can't recall in which book it is I read about in now, but the subject of British gunsmiths importing and stamping up foreign guns was a huge bone of contention way back for the Birmingham and London makers.

ATB, Ed
HI Ed,

Have we seen a LJ marked Gem pattern in the wild?...I honestly can't remember!...I seem to remember that LJ did put his moniker on some of the Militas of the day though...

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
The company K.B Paris had a range of Gem type airguns around 1900. I am pretty sure that they made these themselves, as all their other guns (air pistols and toy guns) were made by them, and in fact it is stated that their specific intent was to provide a domestic range of airguns to compete with foreign imports.

Hi John,

Thank you, I had not heard of K.B.Paris but do seem to remember another French name...'Coire''?...or something like that?...ring any bells with you or anyone else? (or is it coconut husk! )

Have any actual examples of a K.B. Paris airgun or Gem pattern showed up anywhere?...I wonder if that advertising spiel is just that - spiel?...and, given that half of Belgium spoke French, whether it is a re-branded Belgian Marck Gem pattern or similar German type?...