Thread: New Publication: The Book Of The BSA Air Rifle: 1905 to 1939

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Could this not be on Amazon? It would widen the market not just beyond those (me) who won’t get to Kempton, don’t do PayPal and find bank transfers a faff compared to clicking “buy now”. Including the international market.

I mean, I’ll buy a copy, somehow, but how many of our e.g. American collector friends are going to order one from Vic and Bob of Bognor Regis?
    I believe Amazon take a massive cut.
    I have a friend who wrote a series of very successful U.K. cycling guide books and he said Amazon sales are barely profitable, albeit that they do have a wide reach.
    His best sales are via publicity, review articles and general word of mouth within the cycling community, with purchases going through his own website.
    It might be worth John setting up a website just to facilitate sales. Especially if other publications are in the long term pipeline. It can be a slow burn seller that brings in steady sales.

Looking forward to getting my copy.

Cheers,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    I believe Amazon take a massive cut.
    I have a friend who wrote a series of very successful U.K. cycling guide books and he said Amazon sales are barely profitable, albeit that they do have a wide reach.
    His best sales are via publicity, review articles and general word of mouth within the cycling community, with purchases going through his own website.
    It might be worth John setting up a website just to facilitate sales. Especially if other publications are in the long term pipeline. It can be a slow burn seller that brings in steady sales.

Looking forward to getting my copy.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Defo no Amazon for this book. I don't really need a dedicated website as Protek are already set up as the 'official' distributor for the book.

I would much rather see a reliable gun shop take a cut from each copy sold than a multi national big tech corporation.

Kind regards,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.