Swampy made a quick appearance. I nipped into the workshop and had a quick look. Underlever completes about half of what I'd expect to be full travel, goes a bit stiffer and then goes solid. My guess is that one of the springs has broken and the open coil has lodged itself into the other spring, stopping movement. I later had a quick peek at the Idiot's Guide in Collectables and strip down looks easy. I can remember reading something once about one of the stock screws being trickier. It seems it isn't, it's just that the trigger adjuster screw and spring needs to come out first. Everything looks to be a doddle.

It's years since I've seen one of these. It's in fine cosmetic condition. Screws etc all unmarked. Bluing is in fine order. Just one or two tiny marks on the wood. Not the most handsomely styled beast, for sure, but seemingly very solidly and robustly made, as you'd expect. Actually looking forward to delving inside for him (I might do it at work) and then seeing what we need from Protek. Guessing it'll be just a spring (will go for a single one) and maybe a seal at a push. Wonder if he'd be happy to have a bit of a tune and go for a top hat and synthetic guide too?