Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
Must admit I have never thought about this Ed. We've always just driven up and driven back without a second thought!

Kind regards,

John
When I saw how far it now extends I was quite taken aback, it will be out to bleedin Swindon next

Seriously though, when I lived in Ash Vale and used to go to Bisley or Weybridge or Walton where the missus worked, and later to Bracknell where I worked at HRD for a year, in those days looking back (1983-99) it was so quiet and easy to get around, On a Sunday you could cruise in and park on the embankment and go for a walk, visit the Belfast or whatever, or we would often go up to Camden or sometimes Brick lane, always went in the car and just parked on the street somewhere.

I went back a couple of years ago (just pre Covid) to an ex workmates funeral near Ashford and when I said I was leaving the pub after a while to get back, everyone siad I should stay as it would be a car park outside....My God what a difference from when I used to commute in.

And that's before the having to negotiate imaginary boundries and pay extra.......are there warning signs or whatever, or can you just "stray" in and then get a letter much like a parking ticket?

ATB, Ed