Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
How long has your stroke ended up Mick? I seem to remember that you bad some breech void issues?

I have a mild case of the flu, so been tested for covid, and not allowed to leave the house for some days until the test comes back...

Which means I have some time to work on the old rusty HW50s!
I had an extra piston, and has machined it down as much as I dare, plus added a steel seal converter so the piston can take Diana/AA seals.
Had to lengthen the cocking clearance in the piston a few mm's and the stroke is now somewhere between 73-74mm.
Put in a brass tophat from another HW50 project, and a ARH/JM E3200 spring.

The gun behaves quite well during firing, but I have no idea how fast it shoots, as the chrono in in a box somewhere...
Hi Evert.

By coincidence I looked at jumping back on this on Monday and ran the action over the chrono, it's only running at 520fps so I'll be going back in to her pretty soon so I'll measure the stroke for you.

I'm thinking now that I could have lightened the piston too much or I could need more weight and a different Spring, as luck would have it I found a couple of new Titan springs in the pile which will fit the piston at 18.35 mm OD.

All the best Mick