Thread: Bsa target holder.

Bsa target holder.

Working part time at local West Midland Clay target Ground, i do meet a lot of people and quite often somebody will come up with some air gun items that have been stored away for years and i am first in with interest. Just acquired a black BSA metal target holder come pellet catcher and two of the same only in white one used and one unused complete with some bsa targets. having had and sold a few black one before,first time i have had white ones,what guns were issued with these out of interest.

Never seen a white one either, mine was black, came with purchase in 68 of super meteor, still have with rest of accessories in original box.

I've had both black and white BSA target holders, black being the most common, but am not sure which came with which model gun, although I have a feeling the white ones were issued with some Scorpion pistols.
    Hopefully someone may be able to give a definitive answer.

The white target holders came first and can be seen advertised in 1960s BSA booklets along with the BSA branded metal cylindrical pellet sample tubes.

They are not that common today.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

not saw either

bsa target holders.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Working part time at local West Midland Clay target Ground, i do meet a lot of people and quite often somebody will come up with some air gun items that have been stored away for years and i am first in with interest. Just acquired a black BSA metal target holder come pellet catcher and two of the same only in white one used and one unused complete with some bsa targets. having had and sold a few black one before,first time i have had white ones,what guns were issued with these out of interest.

IF anybody is going i will take bsa target holders to Birmingham fair on Sunday for inspection.

I thought I had seen them with Scorpion pistols, but as JM says they were advertised in the sixties, it seems unlikely, unless BSA used up old stock with the early Scorpion pistol. I bought one of the first in 1973, but can't remember what colour target holder came with it.
    Just something else relatively unimportant to ponder.

holder

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    I thought I had seen them with Scorpion pistols, but as JM says they were advertised in the sixties, it seems unlikely, unless BSA used up old stock with the early Scorpion pistol. I bought one of the first in 1973, but can't remember what colour target holder came with it.
    Just something else relatively unimportant to ponder.
    Indeed, keeps the brain active instead of watching the television repeats allday long.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    the ones I've see (and have) were just steel coloured, unless that's 'cos all the paint had been shot off !
    then again, the one that came with my MK6 airsporter was steel too...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Indeed, keeps the brain active instead of watching the television repeats allday long.
    That is one thing I don't have a problem with. Unless something exceptional is being broadcast, which is exceedingly rare, my TV is never on before 6pm. From what I hear about the daytime TV crap from others, I'm not missing anything.