Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
Hey Pauly and Graeme,

Thank you for enquiring.

Yep, I had the first injection done last Tuesday. Not the most pleasant of experiences, but at least the really horrible bit, when they inject your eye, only lasts a few seconds. Got another four to come at four weekly intervals. And then two next year. A few hours later, once the anaesthetic has worn off, your eye hurts like hell. But I managed to sleep and felt much better the next morning.

By the middle of Wednesday afternoon, vision was getting much better. And now, a week after, I can say that it has been a resounding success. Vision improved immensely. Not quite back to "my normal" (which is crap anyway, by most standards as I'm terribly short sighted) but far, far better than when it went scarily awry the other week. Now feeling much more confident for the future and also more accepting of future treatment if it keeps working like this.

I even managed to get a quick test plink in on Sunday......only a couple of five shot groups with the Mercury at short range, but nicely one-holing now, so happy.

I'm actually pretty amazed at the effectiveness of this treatment and it's far exceeded my expectations.

I still think I'll be travelling really light and just bringing the one rifle (possibly the Mercury to get in Pete's good books!), as I don't think it'll be the bestest of ideas to overdo the shooting side of things, but so looking forward to seeing (literally!) all you lovely peeps again and whatever nice toys come along.
Great news regarding your treatment being a success :cool.
Be seeing you soon mate.
Atb
Les..