Thread: Bullpups - Sinclair C5 of the future discuss ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    If we were allowed full auto airguns then maybe, but why would people need a full auto airgun? Bullpups were designed for close quarter warfare against humans, not rats or squirrels etc. The idea behind the bullpup was based on "spray and pray" while you jump through a doorway shouting the obligatory "Hut! Hut! Hut!" in an American accent....
    The airsoft brigade have them for placcy BB's, which for me tells me all I need to know.
    Not quite, the idea behind a bullpup wasn't spray and pray, it was to allow a longer barrel in a shorter platform resulting in more power from the same cartridge allowing a longer effective range.

The airgun market is fuelled by the restrictions of gun ownership in this country. So called 'action man' stigma given to some is a bit unfair. Are car drivers wannabe F1 driver's by driving a car with manufacturers specifications, ie low profile tyres, bigger rims etc ?
    Look at the airgun pistol market. What a plethora of lookalikes!
    Restrictions make any items more desirable. Bullpups in air rifles has yet to be refined to fulfillment, in my view. Development will progress but this cost money. Are shooters willing to pay ? Sell figures will tell.
    Last edited by where's it gone; 01-07-2022 at 10:15 AM.