Thread: Can anyone help with this BSF question?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Now that's very interesting! I live in Knoxville, and grew up in a small town about 50 miles away. House-Hasson is still very much in business here, but no longer in the retail mail-order business as far as I know. I will do some asking around about their earlier days.

My father and grandfather ran a large furniture and appliance store. They got items like musical instruments and accessories, tools, repair parts, etc. from House Hasson. My first "real" airgun was a Benjamin 347 in 1968; it likely came from HH, but has no special markings.

A childhood friend had an S20 in the late '60's - the first quality springer I ever saw. Air Rifle Headquarters was the likely US source in those days, though HH might be possible - but I clearly recall it had the factory BSF logo.

Here is a link to a reprint of the gun section in the 1954 HH catalog. Note the contents list on the right of the link - only Daisy airguns are noted. 1954 may be a bit early for them to have carried German imports.

https://www.cornellpubs.com/old-guns...hp?item_id=374
    Last edited by MDriskill; 09-07-2022 at 05:33 PM.