Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer bash 16th and 17th July 2022

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Wonderful stuff, thank you Nick, I have some money on me, so I'll settle up with you tomorrow.

Pete
    Can't wait to see your shiny bits, Pete.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Well I got up and tried but it isn't happening.
    Have a great day and I will see you in September
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Well, I got up and tried but it just isn't happening. See you in September gang
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Bugger!

So, so sorry to hear this, Pete. Of all the times.. Best wishes for a swift and full easing of symptoms. See you in a couple of months.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Well I got up and tried but it isn't happening.
    Have a great day and I will see you in September
    And bugger again.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    And bugger again.
    Blimey it's going to be a cozy old bash.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Tonio o Tonio, where art thou our Tonio!

In other words, get your sorry arse here.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

As I was the first to leave this afternoon it's only right that I'm the first to say a big thank you to Neil and everyone else who keeps making this event possible. It was great to meet up with you all again and I really do enjoy your company.
    Another thanks to Neil for helping me pack my tent away. It was my first time with it and all I can describe it as, is toothpaste, easy to get out of the packaginb but not so easy to get back in. Luckily, Neil knew what he was doing and within 10 minutes it was back in the bag.
    Sorry I missed out on the curry but a nice bath was needed and enjoyed.
    I'm now sitting in my back garden basking in the last of the days sunshine.
    I hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Last edited by gtfreight; 16-07-2022 at 05:59 PM.

Back home after plenty of banter,good company, a load of laughs and 2.5 tins of pellets. It would have been 3.5 but I wanted to get home and see the dog. Neil - you have presented us with a cracking venue. Thanks for that and long may it continue. The weather was absolutely tremendous - an absolutely glorious day. Thanks to everyone- as always, a pleasure to spend time with you all.

I would just like to say (for the record) that I saw Craig P miss something he was aiming at. To start with I thought it must have been some kind of mistake on my part, perhaps a touch of heat stroke or perhaps " the vapours". But no it was a genuine miss. I expect a full eclipse or something to happen soon.

One last thing. Guinea fowl are dick heads

Great day
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    Back home after plenty of banter,good company, a load of laughs and 2.5 tins of pellets. It would have been 3.5 but I wanted to get home and see the dog. Neil - you have presented us with a cracking venue. Thanks for that and long may it continue. The weather was absolutely tremendous - an absolutely glorious day. Thanks to everyone- as always, a pleasure to spend time with you all.

I would just like to say (for the record) that I saw Craig P miss something he was aiming at. To start with I thought it must have been some kind of mistake on my part, perhaps a touch of heat stroke or perhaps " the vapours". But no it was a genuine miss. I expect a full eclipse or something to happen soon.

Great day
    It was lovely to meet you at last Neil and many thanks for allowing me to try the legendary Steyr.

Pete

It was lovely to meet you at last Neil and many thanks for allowing me to try the legendary Steyr.

Pete
    My pleasure mate and I still point out it has a visible spring on the outside
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Another tremendous day in glorious settings, spent with great friends. A few regulars were missed but in short, I’ve had a blinder and judging by the smiles on everyone else’s (slightly reddened faces), I think I speak for all.
    Huge thanks as always to Neil for all the hard graft involved in making it happen. A great host and venue.
    A few observations:
    Neil180 must own shares in JSB. And his classification of birds had me in stitches (this may explain the miss - well that’s the excuse I’m claiming).
    NickG displays the spirit of the bash. Several mishaps happened for the poor bloke today - totally out of his control but he still left smiling and I dare say he’ll pop up at the next bash with several dazzling rifles.
    Little, black, crawling fly things are bigger dickheads than guinea fowl. I’m still digging them out of places that have long been forgotten about.
    Gav makes the best tea in the world. Fact.
    Have a great day tomorrow, all - and I’ll look forward to it all again next time.

Very best thanks and wishes, Craig.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Another tremendous day in glorious settings, spent with great friends. A few regulars were missed but in short, I’ve had a blinder and judging by the smiles on everyone else’s (slightly reddened faces), I think I speak for all.
    Huge thanks as always to Neil for all the hard graft involved in making it happen. A great host and venue.
    A few observations:
    Neil180 must own shares in JSB. And his classification of birds had me in stitches (this may explain the miss - well that’s the excuse I’m claiming).
    NickG displays the spirit of the bash. Several mishaps happened for the poor bloke today - totally out of his control but he still left smiling and I dare say he’ll pop up at the next bash with several dazzling rifles.
    Little, black, crawling fly things are bigger dickheads than guinea fowl. I’m still digging them out of places that have long been forgotten about.
    Have a great day tomorrow, all - and I’ll look forward to it all again next time.

And it was lovely to meet you again Craig, I'll ping those photos over to you of the Diana 27, thanks again for yet another stock, yet another project for me to do.

Pete

And it was lovely to meet you again Craig, I'll ping those photos over to you of the Diana 27, thanks again for yet another stock, yet another project for me to do.

Pete
    Pleasure as always, Pete. Give me a shout if you need any help with the stock.
    Have a great day tomorrow, mate.
    Best, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    As I was the first to leave this afternoon it's only right that I'm the first to say a big thank you to Neil and everyone else who keeps making this event possible. It was great to meet up with you all again and I really do enjoy your company.
    Another thanks to Neil for helping me pack my tent away. It was my first time with it and all I can describe it as, is toothpaste, easy to get out of the packaginb but not so easy to get back in. Luckily, Neil knew what he was doing and within 10 minutes it was back in the bag.
    Sorry I missed out on the curry but a nice bath was needed and enjoyed.
    I'm now sitting in my back garden basking in the last of the days sunshine.
    I hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    As always, most excellent to have been in your fine company again, GG.

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post

Great day
    Fantastic to have seen you again, Neil. And you were most certainly letting the gun with the little springs stretch its legs again.

Sorry to hear what those horrible birds did. Some of the chaps told me what they'd done later.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    A few observations:

Absolutely fantastic to have been able to spend time with you again, Craig. All observations spot on.

Those cheap little guns you brought along were so, so tempting. Fantastic little things at seriously tempting prices. Only the fact that I have more than surpassed all available storage / hidey options stopped one or two going home with me.

Nick had a bit of a 'mare, didn't he? But, as you say, remained his usual calm, collected and positive self. As said, he'll be back with more bundles of boingery goodness.