I am not familiar with the HW95 but I have an HW35E that had a bad case of barrel droop or bend. I suspect that ham fisted owners can cause this by heavy handed cocking. If it is anything like new... back to the shop.. 'Now tamed' implies less new and if this is the problem then it is an easy fix if you have the tackle and are that way inclined, I would suggest starting by checking the barrel alignment along the action. May not be inline but should be parallel I think.
On my HW35E I removed the barrel and rear sight then inverted the assembly onto a large lathe bed (a straight edge), clamped the breech block down and measured the amount that my barrel climbed over its length. 4mm. Adjusted it using a press, alloy sheets and vee blocks. All done at the breech end, it took almost no force to adjust which is why I suggest heavy handed cocking might be the cause. Sticking a barrel in a vice and yanking on it, I would avoid. With imagination you could use a 6" vice as a nice, controllable press, but not as nice or controllable as a garage press.
Shimming a 'scope, although easy sounds worse that sorting a bent barrel to me.