Thread: Exercising the oldies

Exercising the oldies

Following on from a recent thread, decided to have a play with some of my Webley pistols. 6 yards, 30 or so shots through each, apart from the last. All are unmessed with, apart from airgunner177 grips.
    First couple, a 22 Senior & a .177 Tempest. Using 'Excites' the Tempest gave decent groups - for me. The Senior, with the much maligned 5.6 Wasps that have now been discontinued...Scattergun time. Tried it with some Hobbys & FTT's - much better.
    Next up, Hurricanes in both calibres. The .177 with Excites - not that good, FTT's & Hobbys - much improved. That surprised me, as I've found excites normally to go well in my .177's. For some reason, I tried the Wasps in the .22 Hurricane, rather than go straight to the Hobbys/FTT's, 1st group of ten was equal tightest of the day, except for one flyer which was down to me. At that stage, my new, nosey neighbours came out into the adjoining garden, so I gave up.
    So, looks like I won't be binning the Wasps, which I had been considering. Will give them another try to see if the good group was just a fluke, then try with the other 2 brands. I've had the .22 Hurricane much longer than the others (30+ years) so maybe I'm more used to it.

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

i often return to hobbys when other pellets fail,i wonder if hobbys are the most user friendly pellet available.i have 2 .177 webley pistols and a .22 hy-score,all shoot at their best with hobby or at least out of the other pellets i have tried.the only problem i have with them is squeezing into one of the webley barrels,once they're seated they're fine,cheap too!

Hobbys have always given me good results in more guns than I care to count. Same with the old design Superdomes.