Thread: The demise of Airgunner (and Airgun Shooter) magazines

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Maybe it was the FT sport that doomed it…
    I got to hearing the chincs starting to filter through the last time i went to such a shoot, but would never return…

Private FT shoots for guys practicing with their HW97 for vermin shooting…such as the vermin hunters.
    50 yd FT targets still routinely fall which must be respected, but not a hamster keel or cantilever support in sight…
    Why….because you cannot realistically take such a tool into the field as a practical hunting arm……you have to learn to shoot..
    So FT should have had limits attached to prevent monster cantilever advantages, or benches strapped to the bottom of the stock…..scopes 4 ft long….its madness and totally unfair on the kid turning up with his HW50….

Clay shooting has limitations, to mirror the actual infield senario. Even target pistol has strict rules for the gun…
    Its not sport…its a joke and ruining the sport….
    The chincs i spoke of were comments of ridicule quietly chatted about by certain onlookers….and many getting disillusioned…
    It isnt sport and the mags and writers backing such, along with over PC correctness as assigned the future of the mags to dusty bin….
    So we flit past such articles to read the one we might find which has some semblance of how it use to be, but its not enough to warrant purchase….the rest is history..
    Last edited by Dave2345678; 08-05-2023 at 07:42 PM.