Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirty cheap chronograph on the bay of flees

Dirty cheap chronograph on the bay of flees

Worth buying?

Thanks chaps

Need a link really.

Ali express is the best place for a cheap chrono tbh

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed
    I'd like to know aswell, might save a drive when I finally mod the Supersport.
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid
    Currently looking for an SMK/BAM B4-4 Rear sight or help modifying current one.
    Wanted Daisy Model 25 or Norica Commando in reasonable condition.

Are you sure that's not just the price of the mount ?

sounds very cheap

£12.95 is for a sunshade.
    This is the cheapest on the bay.
    https://www./itm/355584768889?mkcid=...mis&media=COPY
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by scoza View Post

Worth buying?

Thanks chaps
    If it were for the unit and not a sunshade it would be too cheap to be true.
    I recently bought the one that's on sale on the bay for about £24 and it works ok ish I can't get it to read in fps so I wrote a chart converting mps to fps. I don't use the clamp, just rest the barrel on the V block. live with the red LED display and accept it's a bit small.

look for the one that's got open bulbs from several vendors.
    The more I think I know, the more I realise the less I know.

If you go to Aliexpress and type in chronograph this is what you get https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...tlist.search.0
    beware the really cheap prices as that will only be for the sunshade or tripod , You have to add 20% for Vat but some on shipping is free if over 8-9 quid.

Quote Originally Posted by acmsarh View Post
    If you go to Aliexpress and type in chronograph this is what you get https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...tlist.search.0
    beware the really cheap prices as that will only be for the sunshade or tripod , You have to add 20% for Vat but some on shipping is free if over 8-9 quid.
    The multifunctional, works fine and it's as cheap as fried spuds.
    Open Channel D

The cheapy open frame chronos with exposed LED's do the job but some only read in m/s but the conversion is easy. My advice if you get one is to buy a few spare LED's because sooner or later you will shoot out the back one - guess how I know.

ballistic chronograph

Got one of these on the way from aliexpress not bad for £13.15 delivered 12-16 days.....price was part of a "welcome offer"

Did see a youtube review....apparently can show fps "When you turn it on wait until it says PS Then push the button once quickly it then will show fps you must do this every time you start it up"

Will see what turns up
    Last edited by GS11; 13-07-2024 at 07:57 PM.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yeah I got the same one as above.. works fine.
    I increased the shooting aperature aize in mine about 30% by using a square section of plastic gutter downpipe - but bear in mind the supporting legs are part of the electrical circuit for each LED, so you will need to add 4x wires to replace..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

They work fine and the readings was identical to my Chrony 1 so I ended up buying another as a backup. That is a real bargain.

I use these more often than the Chrony 1 as it takes up far less space and always on standby. It sits in a corner ready to use and the dust affects it less as it has a roof over the important bits. It uses an inbuilt rechargeable battery via a USB and very efficient whereas the Chrony uses a 9v battery which dies at the most inconvenient time and the batteries are expensive.

As some already mentioned, I just sit the muzzle on the V rest and aim level over the LED. I will confess I did accidentally shot the back LED once. It wasn't obvious until I saw a little chip off the dome acrylic. After some research on spec and YT, I actually replaced it with a LED off a old TV remote control. (I think it was a Virgin media control). Spare LED are pennies for a dozen but it was the wait from importers that did me in so I resort to a bit of Heath Robinson. The fix was 4 years ago and it is still working to this day with the spare being a tad redundant.

I am a metric person so I am grateful it is not in feet per second. I use a mobile app that accepts both metric and imperial and churns out the power output in ftlb so it doesn't bother me at all. Funny really as I enter speed in m/s, weight in Grains and output is in foot pound. The app is far cleverer than me for sure.

Same one for me, does the job, mine is rechargeable with usb cable. Shot the back led twice (returning pellet from back stop!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dornfelderliebe View Post
    If it were for the unit and not a sunshade it would be too cheap to be true.
    I recently bought the one that's on sale on the bay for about £24 and it works ok ish I can't get it to read in fps so I wrote a chart converting mps to fps. I don't use the clamp, just rest the barrel on the V block. live with the red LED display and accept it's a bit small.

look for the one that's got open bulbs from several vendors.
    If this is the item you bought, "Precision Ballistic Shooting Chronograph Airsoft Rifle Bullet Velocity Meter UK",
    then when you power it on it flashes FPS for two seconds. Hit the settings button to make it read in FPS.
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."