Thread: Alliant powders

Alliant powders

I just read this:

FYI – we have just received the following message from Vista Outdoors (the parent company of Alliant Powders):
    “Due to the worldwide shortage of nitrocellulose, the Vista Outdoor supply agreement for the sale of Alliant Powder canisters has been suspended for an unknown period. At this time, we have no timeline for the fulfillment and will be canceling outstanding Alliant orders in our system.
    Representatives will provide updates and coordinate new orders based on availability.”

Most of the world supply of nitrocellulose comes from - China.

We've basically given up our sovereignty to the CCP all in the name of corporate profit.

Not only China but Russia supplies a large amount of NC so we are bolloxed both way's , Looking at the new price of Allliant powders anyway you are looking at over £100 a pound.
    The last time i purchased a powder of the alliant variety it was Hercules powder ( Red Dot) for 38 9mm and 45acp and it was£13 a pound and i bought a 25 kg container and I still have about 1/2 a pound left.
    Last edited by acmsarh; 12-05-2024 at 10:35 PM.

The good old days of buying 25KG drums…..
    I do have a surplus of Hodgson Titegroup powder left from a drum that I will never use up if anyone is short.
    I think there is a 8lb tub and a 4lb tub
    Browning 525 30" Sporter
    Remington sportsman 58
    Armisport .45 cal muzzle loader

I've just checked the Alliant website and they make no mention of this. Business as usual there.