Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley Premier Question.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    There are certainly quite a few uncoded examples known from the early 1970s, some of which also lack a date stamp.

My own example is numbered 808. It is uncoded and undated but otherwise identical to an E series Premier.

I wonder if Webley decided to drop the letter code after E for a while, then brought it back with the F, which on the examples I know of is stamped in a smaller font than the A to E coded pistols.

A further anomaly is the large E on the later unblued pistols that have a black baked on finish - E for Enamel?

John
    And I’ve got blued examples of both small and large E just to mess it up 😁
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

I often wonder if apprentices were responsible for doing the stampings, they are often badly done, not in the same place and not close to even. I’ve even got a 3 the wrong way round.
    The batch numbers are usually perfect.
    My thoughts are if the apprentice was off sick or holiday they just didn’t get done, not knowing 60 years later a load of old blokes would be speculating what happened!!

Quote Originally Posted by archer24 View Post
    I often wonder if apprentices were responsible for doing the stampings, they are often badly done, not in the same place and not close to even. I’ve even got a 3 the wrong way round.
    The batch numbers are usually perfect.
    My thoughts are if the apprentice was off sick or holiday they just didn’t get done, not knowing 60 years later a load of old blokes would be speculating what happened!!
    Or missed them deliberately, thinking 'this'll mess them up in the future'
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.