Thread: Custom Pellets

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Custom Pellets

Has anyone bought large batches direct from the maker of a particular die run? Or do you just go round the dealers buying up all the sleeves?

Will advances in 3-D printing result in custom made pellets as maybe a die could be knocked out easily?

Is there a market for custom pellets, like specially sorted and selected pellets over and beyond the manufactures QC standards?

Some makers already supply some lines that have undergone more thorough sorting / QC / weight and uniformity checks, I believe......

JSB do a selected line of .177 Exacts. The name escapes me now. And don't H&N (and possibly RWS) also do lines of finely sorted and checked & individually separated match pellets in those little trays?

Anyone remember the Gunpell Clones from the late 80s? I can't remember which varieties they marketed (maybe the Superdome and FTT only?), but I still have some of the Superdomes in their sealed trays and boxes. These were supposedly closely inspected and weighed. Don't know if they were sized or size checked (probably the latter?) and if they were washed & lubed?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

I remember everyone having a favourite Crosman die that you had to buy as many boxes of as you could, when they were the in pellet...
    I now just buy a sleeve at a time of my chosen match pellets in the correct head size, I did try individual sectioned pellets (RWS Meisterkugelen) but tbh my current level doesn't warrant it....and the quality of pellets has gone up a long way.

Not uncommon to test and then order lots of that particular pellet, benchrest was consuming and the need for perfection draws you in deep, I along with most others would find the pellet die and batch and go buy sleeves of it.
    Ive bought 30 plus different tins of fresh stock from supplier to test and hopefully find THE one so I could then order sleeves of that one batch/die. Many fellas were spending much more than I could on pellets but the difference between them is amazing and when you find the right one its great.

Now custom pellets could be a thing as Id like to find some .25 18grn wadcutters for my ratting rig
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Ive bought loads from here and Olga is very good to deal with putting effort into helping supply you the right stuff

https://www.jsb-diabolos.de/?basket,8&sLang=en
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Some very useful insights there, 32:1
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Some very useful insights there, 32:1
    When I was into a bit of benchrest I quickly found out its about fractions and testing everything to find a setup, I ended up with hundreds of tins of pellets that Id not use for BR as they just didnt perform. Now Ive started shooting hft again in the old gits stick class Ive found 75% of the tins that got chucked in the shed as no good all shoot well enough for hft so happy days indeed