Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone converted a CO2 rifle or Multi Pump Rifle to PCP?

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    This video shows what can happen when a CO2 Crosman is converted to PCP and it fails. You have to sign in to YouTube as it’s very unpleasant.

https://youtu.be/a1hrms0i2LU?si=7LuM1i0Kwqgi8GzS

Fellows leg looks like it’s been shot with a 9mm.
    This is a bodge & not what any normal person would do. There is a big back story to this.

Rick Astley for Prime Minister !

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Waddy View Post
    This is a bodge & not what any normal person would do. There is a big back story to this.

I believe you.

A normal person would get a PCP rather than convert a CO2.

Did he remove all the screws holding that valve in place whilst still pressurised?

Taken our discoveries apart several times due to leaks and not realising the valves were supposed to have plastic heads.
    Made sense afterwards because I found small white particles in the chambers.

Taking the hammer out would be as far as I would go without degassing, I would never remove the barrel and screws holding the
    valve into place even if it was only a few PSI.

Always good to have a reminder why we play safe. I will have a look at the mod he mentions that is unsafe, is it the mod or did he
    just mess up and removed the screws whilst the valve was under pressure?

Thanks.

yep vid was staged by all accounts to give bad publicity to the hipac system which is dodgy as it is
    converting from co2 to air isn't hard on many guns but there are rules you need to follow or you run the risk of injury

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    it's less hassle and cost to just buy a cheap PCP... and the PCP will work better too..
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by FOZZD1 View Post
    Are you a member? Can you see if this username is on there? It was a long time ago and it says incorrect username.

I posted images of the B5-3 manual with the exploded parts diagram but it was a long time ago now.

Not sure which email I registered with on there, possible down to 2 aol ones which I still have access to.

Thanks.
    Nope, your name is not on the list .

I guess over the years the admins have deleted people who are inactive .

Re join is best option .

The hipac system was developed for bulk fill CO2. Because the connector was a qd people filled with hpa up to 70bar, this was OK.
    Those who didn't know, filled higher which is dangerous.

There is nothing wrong or dangerous using a paintball bottle with inbuilt regulator to convert a CO2 gun to hpa.

It's not always about the cost.

From the OP -
    More about getting more use from them without killing myself pumping or constantly emptying CO2 capsules.

The comment buy a cheap pcp doesn't help answer the question.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Still browsing guns and the Reign M2 is still high on my list but a Tacto C/S looks nice and compact..

That got me thinking about regulated guns and what pressure/capacity the regulators are set to? Read a comment a few weeks back where
    the replies mentioned they set regulators to around 100bar? What capacity though anyone know?

On the same line anyone seen figures for the capacity/pressure of a multipump?

Thanks.

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    I have a lever action Walther "cowboy" style carbine, bought when they were £99, it would make a really fun PCP. Currently it takes two co2 caplets, which are a bit of a pain.

If it could accept a small bottle in the stock, like the Phoenix, it would make a very handy ratter.

Hello, i have done a recent HPA change on a 177 SMK XS 79 using a paintball tank, it is up for sale on here as a complete Kit , i have only done a zero then been stored, i cannot seem to gel with 177

Dunno about CO2 but did see a DIY conversion of a Daisy Powerline pumper to a PCP set up (albeit very crude) so it's feasible there.
    Steppermotor offers a wide range of gear reducers including planetary reducers, parallel shaft reducers and worm reducers.