Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heirloom airguns

Quote Originally Posted by copperjacket View Post
    I have the BSA Light Pattern bought new by my Grandfather and given to me by my Father...He learnt to shoot with it, he taught me to shoot with it and in turn both he and I taught my children to shoot with it.
    Lovely.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

I've a good few, 'cabinet queens' but my late uncles' Venom tuned Relum Tornado, will go to the grave with me.

...Might even shoot better when some detectorist type digs it up a couple of hundred years later...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

1921 BSA Standard no2 that was my Dad's. I recently serviced it with a new leather washer (The old one had completely disintegrated) and a good clean inside and out. I'll be leaving that to my oldest son because he loves guns.

Quote Originally Posted by fatmarley View Post
    1921 BSA Standard no2 that was my Dad's. I recently serviced it with a new leather washer (The old one had completely disintegrated) and a good clean inside and out. I'll be leaving that to my oldest son because he loves guns.
    Most excellent.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    I've a good few, 'cabinet queens' but my late uncles' Venom tuned Relum Tornado, will go to the grave with me.

...Might even shoot better when some detectorist type digs it up a couple of hundred years later...
    I didn't know you had that, Craig. What does it shoot like?

Could be a bucket contender - a first for a Relum?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I didn't know you had that, Craig. What does it shoot like?

Could be a bucket contender - a first for a Relum?
    Well put it this way, when Dave Pope handed it back to me he apologised - and said he'd never, ever do another...
    Paul told me Steve attempted one, many years later.
    So there's two, Venomised, Tornados kicking around - and I'd say both have as much chance of knocking that bucket over as Stephen Hawking has of winning the 100m hurdles

Haha!

Never say never though, Craigy. Remember, it's been done with a pistol (I think - Tinners?) and if anyone can, it's you. It might take a fair few pellets to get in the zone, and a good chunk of a Saturday, but you never know.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    It might take a fair few pellets

Spray and pray!
    Pete

And we all know what comes next.......Venom Tornado.....a couple of shots to get in the zone and down she goes, Craig in the standing position, unsupported, using random pellets from a fluffy pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    And we all know what comes next.......Venom Tornado.....a couple of shots to get in the zone and down she goes, Craig in the standing position, unsupported, using random pellets from a fluffy pocket.
    Don't give all my secrets away - now everyone will be adding fluff to their pellets

Don't give all my secrets away - now everyone will be adding fluff to their pellets
    Aaaah, Levi's or Wrangler Jean's pocket fluff, Weight vs Consistency ????????

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Having spoken to Tinbum I can confirm that the TBT fluff sizer is under development
    Pete

Heirloom airguns

Well put it this way, when Dave Pope handed it back to me he apologised - and said he'd never, ever do another...
    Paul told me Steve attempted one, many years later.
    So there's two, Venomised, Tornados kicking around - and I'd say both have as much chance of knocking that bucket over as Stephen Hawking has of winning the 100m hurdles
    I refurbed & fitted a single spring to a mates one that had been his dads, when trying it out afterwards i noticed the front sight had become canted over, turned out the barrel was loose ! Stuck it back in with epoxy & it was better but not a patch on the old telly break barrel my brother had that had a very accurate barrel on it & he used to beat me many a time with on the open sights.

Quote Originally Posted by BSFNUT View Post
    Aaaah, Levi's or Wrangler Jean's pocket fluff, Weight vs Consistency ????????
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Having spoken to Tinbum I can confirm that the TBT fluff sizer is under development
    Oops! Sorry, Craig. The cat's out of the bag now.

I guess my old Webley Falcon could be considered a heirloom item, being as my dad bought it, broken,showed me how to rebuild it then taught me to shoot with it, over 45 years ago, I still have it, but no kids of my own and my nieces have no interest in it... I guess someone will have the job of disposing of it when I croak!