Thread: Budget end pellet tester packs?

Segata is offline Has not one but two workbenches in his shed

Budget end pellet tester packs?

Having a browse as I want to order some ammo next month across the board but it occured to me I perhaps really want to try the Guns on something before buying a load of it however the taster packs seem to be only the higher end hunting pellets which fine I may eventually use if I get hunting or compete but would be a waste for just plinking.
    I've checked our sponsor as I'll be likely doing the actual order through them (or at the very least the Steel BBs as they are by far the cheapest) but nothing like that in .22 or .177 which is the Calibres I've got.

Any ideas chaps?
    You'll Shoot your eye out Kid
    Currently looking for an SMK/BAM B4-4 Rear sight or help modifying current one.
    Wanted Daisy Model 25 in good condition or direction to somewhere with stock.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    You’re on a budget, don’t waste money on sample packs. Even decent pellets in a decent gun can take over 100 shots before they start to come good, sample pellets are just a waste of time and money.

Buy some H&N econ pellets and just shoot the damn thing!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

I have been looking at Econs (only seem to be in .177 though) as an option, it's more I'd rather buy a bulk amount in one than get a singular tin to try and it seems a waste to fire anything decent into literal junk.
    I also would like to know good ones to keep on hand (I've got my old Toolbox I plan to fill with tins) for later Guns that I pick up which is also part of why I'd want a sample pack.

Currently I'm running Superfields, Superdomes, Hobbys and Vintage Wasps with some Pest Controls and Baracuda Powers on hand for hunting, not fussed about BB selection as for the most part 4.5mm and 6mm don't differ much as they are used with smooth bores.

Just ruled out the auction site, most sample packs aren't much cheaper than just buying a tin, just don't like wasteage if people get what I mean (although technically I can repurpose anything no good as Catty ammo so not a total loss I suppose, would be pointless reselling if the pellets are crap).
    I suppose what I may well have to do is look at one of those charts AAR or similar do, compare results in each catagory and base my order off of that, just seems senseless to blow the good stuff on cans and the like thats all, rather buy it for the better targets and quarry and fire cheaper stuff into stuff when just mucking about and be less wasteful.