Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Crossbow Consultation

Quote Originally Posted by danco1987 View Post
    Of course, express your views and opinions, that's fine. I hate snakes and spiders being kept as pets to be honest, no idea why people do it, seems pointless to me. But I don't think anything should be banned or licences without very good reason and for public safety purposes. Peoples freedoms are more important. So if people get enjoyment from keeping them and look after them, I think they should continue to.

Understand you do not like crossbows but surely as a shooter you realise that all shooting sports are in the cross hairs and by giving in to the govts pointless idea of licencing crossbows, you are showing willing for the next licence/ ban suggested?
    Its people who push others into the fire thinking they have saved their back side i find despicable, and when you are pushed and you are on your own there will be nobody to save your arse, we should all stand together because they see no difference in any type of weapon from catapult to high powered rifle etc, they will be after the lot, they would cut your arms or fingers off if the could so you could do nothing, thats what some of the Anti everything's want and they have wormed themselves on committees where government officials listen to them more unless you put your case before as well. Dont think you are off the hook because they are after everyone in the end.
    They tried to make it difficult for us with the lead ban but common sense prevailed so far but they will keep trying and we still have to keep looking over our shoulder for the next lot of crap they come up with.

The reason I hate them is many years ago some drunk dick tried to shoot me with a pistol bow thing.

(post/question only seen when quoted.)

Well they missed
    They might not have if they have had a gun.....or knife.....
    It wasn't me, though I do have one of those pistol crossbows. I blame Mad Max 2 for that. They are appallingly inaccurate, absolutely dangerous, and a load of fun for being so bad. They can teach a lot.
    Like so many things in life that have risk attached and no real use, I still don't like the "ban" culture. Understanding risk is a life skill, and when grown ups have no real concept of risk because they have always been denied anything risky, they invariable become the dangerous ones.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Is it too early to hear any response from the consultation, does anyone have an update?

Given the recent High Wycombe incident I'd have thought it would be inevitable there will be new legislation

Quote Originally Posted by AdeC View Post
    Given the recent High Wycombe incident I'd have thought it would be inevitable there will be new legislation
    Blimey I hadn't even heard about that one, had to google it.