Thread: For Sale: BSA CADET-MAJOR - 1949-1955 model - No.CA75764 Excellent origl condition

For Sale: BSA CADET-MAJOR - 1949-1955 model - No.CA75764 Excellent origl condition

For Sale:
    A BSA CADET-MAJOR air rifle, serial number CA75764, which dates it from between 1949 and 1955, probably nearer the mid 1950's.

Stock bolt through the pistol grip, with the 'BSA' stamp in the stock.

I bought this BSA from the original owner, who treasured it from having purchased it as a teenager. I say treasured because although the rifle has clearly been used it has obviously been always kept oiled and well kept.
    SO:
    As such all the bluing is intact and excellent, except where the hands and fingers have been during use. Therefore the blue on the barrel is thinning a bit and there is a small area of bluing wear around the end of the cylinder and the breech where fingers have inserted pellets.
    The all important cylinder etching however remains in the white and really crisp, which is why I say the gun has been well kept.

To confirm the careful use, the stock remains in virtually as new condition, with no wear to the original varnish.

The only negative is the fact that the trigger is very light indeed, and as such will require adjustment before the rifle is fully committed to use.

Price: £175 - were it not for the trigger issue, it would have been 225. This is a super original Cadet Major with a known history back to new.

Hello Chris

Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    For Sale:
    A BSA CADET-MAJOR air rifle, serial number CA75764, which dates it from between 1949 and 1955, probably nearer the mid 1950's.

Stock bolt through the pistol grip, with the 'BSA' stamp in the stock.

I bought this BSA from the original owner, who treasured it from having purchased it as a teenager. I say treasured because although the rifle has clearly been used it has obviously been always kept oiled and well kept.
    SO:
    As such all the bluing is intact and excellent, except where the hands and fingers have been during use. Therefore the blue on the barrel is thinning a bit and there is a small area of bluing wear around the end of the cylinder and the breech where fingers have inserted pellets.
    The all important cylinder etching however remains in the white and really crisp, which is why I say the gun has been well kept.

To confirm the careful use, the stock remains in virtually as new condition, with no wear to the original varnish.

The only negative is the fact that the trigger is very light indeed, and as such will require adjustment before the rifle is fully committed to use.

Price: £175 - were it not for the trigger issue, it would have been 225. This is a super original Cadet Major with a known history back to new.
    Hi Chris,

I would like to buy this one please.

Kind regards

Robin

Quote Originally Posted by CRX View Post
    Hi Chris,

I would like to buy this one please.

Kind regards

Robin
    Good for you, Robin!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.