Thread: Daystate Red Wolf what a mistake to make.

Daystate Red Wolf what a mistake to make.

I bought a Red Wolf about a month back but because of a shoulder op I havnt been able to try it out so being's it was second hand I thought I could take the time to send it to Daystate for a service I'm sure all is OK with it but thought it wouldn't hurt to have it looked at (this isn't the first Daystate I've ever had but it is the first second hand one) so I emailed and the reply was tell them when I'm at home and they will get it picked up which I thought was brilliant but there was no price attached, after asking for a price they where very good at sending me a price list, again great, the price not so great.... £380 for a service? Thank god I was sat down when I read it. I really hope to god my gun doesn't break down cause if it does I will have to sell it there's no way after saving hard and long to afford a dream rifle can I afford to get anything done to it, I am disabled and thought this was probably going to be the last rifle I will be able to buy (I had been out of the sport sorry at least 10years cause of my disability so its my own fault cause I should have done my homework first cause I know things have gone up but didn't think for 1 min that if anything went wrong or just getting it serviced would be way out of my price range) very gutted😢😭.
    Daystate Red Wolf .177
    Mtc scope

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Most manufacturers will charge a fortune for a service, just try sending a similarly priced gun to Steyr or Anschutz and see what they say?

A Red Wolf is no big deal, if it works ok then it does not need a service, and even though it's electronic, 90% of any issues are mechanical and can be done by a competent RFD. If you ever get stuck drop me a line, I know some people who can do a RW including the electronics at half that price

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Most manufacturers will charge a fortune for a service, just try sending a similarly priced gun to Steyr or Anschutz and see what they say?

A Red Wolf is no big deal, if it works ok then it does not need a service, and even though it's electronic, 90% of any issues are mechanical and can be done by a competent RFD. If you ever get stuck drop me a line, I know some people who can do a RW including the electronics at half that price

James
    Brilliant James thank you I feel a bit better now knowing it doesn't need to go back to Daystate for diffrent problems I don't mine paying what I can afford to the right guy (I do know it can take a long time for some jobs cause I do repairs, set ups and restrings to guitars, I also know I do myself out of money cause I don't charge anywhere near as much as I should be for certain jobs) but I do think giving a basic service to an air rifle even electric one I mean at most they prob change some o rings, we'll for a guess, then test it I really do think £380 excessive. Anyway thanks for your reply buddy I really appreciate it and really hope I don't need to have anything done for a long time..touch wood.
    Daystate Red Wolf .177
    Mtc scope

sorry to hear this mate that is a chunk of money for you to pay out

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    SCR (https://www.scr-airguns.co.uk/) can also do anything you like to them, Dave is a great guy and about 20/30% cheaper than daystate
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    SCR (https://www.scr-airguns.co.uk/) can also do anything you like to them, Dave is a great guy and about 20/30% cheaper than daystate
    Nice one buddy thank you
    Daystate Red Wolf .177
    Mtc scope