Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bsa defiantis it avoided for a good reason

Bsa defiant is it avoided for a good reason

Hi I realise I may be starting a firestorm here but I'm one of the few that finds the thing quite good looking. Now I don't know WHAT that says about my aesthetic tastes (friends of mine would laugh knowingly I'm sure) but there we go I'm alternative. So I'm getting back into air gunning after having my immaculate A.A s410 stolen some time back. I've been into airguns since about 11 so I'm no stranger to them but I have realised I find rifles just too big and having tried a couple of bullpups a few years back I find this is more to my tastes. Enter the bsa defiant.. having looked at budget and style and read many reviews and watched many video comparisons I've recognised that I need to buy second hand in order to get 1k quality kit at an affordable price and the bsa as I've said looks pretty to me in salt and pepper and is 'supposedly' a new has build and not gamo internals. All the reviews rated the trigger as decent, the accuracy as decent and the cocking action as decent. Heavy yes and high scope height but neither of those bother me as I'm an old paint baller that used classic heavy kit and used to both of those issues. So at the 6 to 700 bracket for used versions would I be making a mistake or is there REAL issues such as consistency and rubbish materials or internals that should make me say ok no way and painfully stretch to a new FX wildcat mk3? I'm new on here so please forgive any bluntness in my post. Many thanks in advance. Marc
    Last edited by Aardvark55; 13-01-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Hi Marc
    I can’t remember any one on here actually talking about their bsa Defiant,be it good or bad.
    I remember seeing it briefly on the bsa stand at the gun show ,when it was first unveiled.
    I think it looks ok, but at £1100 ish I thought it was a bit expensive.
    I’ve got 4 bsa pcp’s so I do like them.
    Let’s hope you get some response regarding the Defiant..
    Les..

Mm not much love for them I think. Appreciate the reply.

I think there definitely an acquired taste, they don't seem popular.

Welcome to the BBS mate
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

I've had the gamo boxer which was like it's younger brother, the boxer is unregulated but not the less a fantastic bullpup, the defients only fault in my eyes is its weight. Had half a tin through my mates at the club and was super accurate and very consistent over the chrono. The standard bsa reg works well in them

Much appreciated all. 🙂

Not to everyone’s taste apparently but I quite like them. I first looked at them at the last Northern Shooting Show I attended and have had a fancy for one ever since although at full price they are nowhere near as attractive as a good secondhand one. I have quite a few BSA pcp’s (R10, Superten, Ultra, Scorpion) and have been more than happy with them all

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowlarry View Post
    I've had the gamo boxer which was like it's younger brother, the boxer is unregulated but not the less a fantastic bullpup, the defients only fault in my eyes is its weight. Had half a tin through my mates at the club and was super accurate and very consistent over the chrono. The standard bsa reg works well in them
    How heavy are they?.
    I find my Wildcat too light, especially for standing shots.
    I am used to shooting heavy springer’s though.
    Les..

Welcome to the forum, Marc.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    How heavy are they?.
    I find my Wildcat too light, especially for standing shots.
    I am used to shooting heavy springer’s though.
    Les..
    There around 10lbs scoped up

I like BSA PCP's but prefer the older ones generally
    For the right price a defiant may be a good buy, though I'd probably not take a chance as I prefer to have rifles that have been around a while so any known faults - are well, known ..
    I'm coming from a place where I like my old hornet, JB's done it, no pressure gauge to leak air from - others like all the latest bells and whistles - which give 'driver comfort' often, but more to go wrong
    Even the Hornet is my only regg'd pcp - and it did go tits up (the reg) hence the JB replacement

As I'm typing, I'm thinking yeh, Scorpains are good, I must have typed best bang for buck on here more times than I can remember especially since air arms just magic'd up their prices one day to what I think makes them OTT compared to BSA now
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

not one i like

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowlarry View Post
    There around 10lbs scoped up
    Thanks for the reply .
    Being a bullpup they would probably feel lighter on aim.
    Les..

I forgot about replying to this thread ldgrin.
    Les..

I think at what they have been offered for new sub £500, they are pretty unbeatable. Would rather put that kind of money into a BSA than Chinese or Turkish, where parts are pretty much non existent and they are chocked to death for uk market