Thread: Theoben Gasram O ring lube?

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35

Theoben Gasram O ring lube?

Hi all, when I tried to convert my spring powered Fenman back to a proper rammer, I couldn't connect the charging hose to the port properly, the adapter would only screw on a couple of turns and wouldn't seal against the valve, anyway I had a little tinker and put a larger O ring on the adapter and I seem to be getting a bit of air coming through the valve in the rear guide set up (which isn't attached to the rifle), whether or not I can get enough pressure to pump the piston up I don't know, I will take the sealed Diana ram out soon and see if it all works, anyway, if it all works, what is the best lube to use on the O rings that are on the rear guide that seals the piston please, I have read you need to put a small amount of motor oil in the piston as well.

Any pointers please.

Cheers.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

To lube O rings use Molykote 111 or similar, you can buy small tubes of O ring silicone grease from the bay for a couple of £,
    search under scuba gear rather than hunting more choice & cheaper.

Rightly or wrongly i did mine with that dow corning grease that you use on rapid buddy bottle o rings. Also you might have the hw90 adaptor if its not screwing in properly, its a different thread to the theoben one. Regards Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Krytox 205 forget the oil Dude
    Blowing out my candle wont make yours Burn any Brighter

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Rightly or wrongly i did mine with that dow corning grease that you use on rapid buddy bottle o rings. Also you might have the hw90 adaptor if its not screwing in properly, its a different thread to the theoben one. Regards Max
    I've got the double headed adapter for the 90 or Theoben, if I take the valve out the Theoben adapter screws all the way in, I don't think the valve is seated low enough thus stopping the adapter from screwing allthe way in, I fitted a larger O ring to the adapter and it seems to be sealing, hopefully enough to be able to fill the gun.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

[IMG][/IMG]
    Blowing out my candle wont make yours Burn any Brighter

Factory manual used to say STP/Wynn's methinks

As Scrinja says, Krytox.
    Inert so doesn't affect O rings like motor oil and doesn't have issues on any metal to metal situations, in fact its slippy as hell

Recently rebuilt a 90 with Krytox and it all just runs so much nicer than before
    B.A.S.C. member

Thanks all, Just ordered some Krytox.