Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
That goes for the Airsporter as well with the painted trigger block.
Hi there, I managed to get the trigger block off this morning. I put the barrel in a self-centring 4 jaw chuck and used my heat gun to heat the barrel a little. One sharp hit on my spigoted bar, placed in the trigger block hole, and it was on its way.

I managed to get the barrel unscrewed from it with a folded up towel over the end of the trigger block and supporting that on my chest as I leant over it.

Getting the piston assembly out of the barrel was relatively easy and, as I had been warned to expect, the buffer washer was very eroded and just crumbled into pieces. Getting the piston pin drifted out was very difficult and I had to resort to butchering the piston a bit to achieve it. Leaving me with a battered piston and a bent and butchered pin. Fortunately these parts are available, so I will invest in new ones. Is it usually so hard to get the piston pin out? I measured the outside diameter of the pin and it is 2.38mm (I guess it was made in imperial sizing and is a 3/32" pin). The hole in the rod of the assembly it fits to is much larger, I haven't had the chance to measure it accurately yet but it looks to be getting on for 4mm (5/32"?). Is this normal?

Also can you tell me anything about the pellet loading mechanism. I had to take off the lever to get the barrel in the lathe chuck and to do this I just removed the screw and lifted the lever away from the rotating barrel it was fastened and keyed to. I don't know if something happened when I gave the trigger block a whack but when I screwed the lever back on it didn't seem right and I found that I could pull the loading barrel out towards the lever side. It did not seem to be positively located. I took it completely out of the rifle barrel and all I have is the loading barrel, a spring and ball and the lever and its fixing screw. Am I missing something? When I look at the exploded diagram on the TW Chambers web site there is something that looks like a washer on the opposite side of the lever. I don't appear to have this part. Any info on the loading mechanism would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Kev Ev