Thread: Walter LGV trigger

Walter LGV trigger

Hi all, anyone put a Rowan engineering fully adjustable trigger blade into there LGV? Considering one but at £70 I would like a little reassurance before ordering.

I have the Rowans fitted on my LGV & LGU. They make hell of a difference making the trigger sublime.
    When you receive the Rowan trigger you will see 3 grub screw holes. They arrive with 1 grub screw in the front and 1 grub screw in the rear screw holes. Remove the rear grub screw and place into the centre grub screw hole. You then need to make your adjustments with the grub screws so you can now have a short first stage and a nice (like breaking glass) second stage let off.
    I also have an HW97 and a TX200 and both the Walthers now have the better triggers.

Many thanks for the reply. Sounds great, I’ll get one ordered in the morning.

I have tried some LGVs in the past that didn't have the best of triggers, displaying some creep and vagueness. However, in more recent times, as knowledge grew about these superb rifles, many have improved them and the ones I've shot in these more recent times had excellent feeling triggers. I'm not sure which route the owners went down to achieve their results, but the Rowan one does sound excellent as described up above.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Went with the fully adjustable trigger from Sandwell field sports. £39 delivered and a more traditional looking trigger blade. Couldn’t be happier with the results, trigger is now, after a little fettling, a delight to use and imho better than a record or aa cdc. You can dial out the lengthy 1st stage and second stage is crisp and light. Highly recommended 👌🏻

Sounds excellent. Good find and well done. Tony certainly know his stuff. If I ever were to get my hands on one of my own, I think I'll be knocking on his door.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I have tried some LGVs in the past that didn't have the best of triggers, displaying some creep and vagueness. However, in more recent times, as knowledge grew about these superb rifles, many have improved them and the ones I've shot in these more recent times had excellent feeling triggers. I'm not sure which route the owners went down to achieve their results, but the Rowan one does sound excellent as described up above.
    Making a new second stage adjustment screw made a big difference on mine, the original one did not have the correct length.
    Too many airguns!

Thank you, evert; excellent information.