Thread: FWB 601 yuk

East Hanningfield, near Chelmsford, Essex

FWB 601 yuk

My 601 is a great rifle, everything I want at the moment, however I never liked the blond laminate type stock. I would like to change the colour to something more walnut like. Suggestions anyone ? Suggestions for refinishing in a paint I am assuming as I was told the laminate will not take any form or type of stain.
    TIA

There's a lad called Nath92 who can do wonders with wooden stocks from repairs to refinishing.
    If you Google his name you should find some videos of his work.
    Last edited by gtfreight; 23-05-2024 at 04:09 PM.

Leave if be. If you want to sell it on after, you will destroy the re sale value of a classic target rifle.. Just my opinion. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    There's a lad called Nath92 who can do wonders with wooden stocks from repairs to refinishing.
    If you Google his name you should find some videos of his work.
    Thank you. I will check him out

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Leave if be. If you want to sell it on after, you will destroy the re sale value of a classic target rifle.. Just my opinion. Mach 1.5
    Thank you for the advice. Under consideration at the moment

I have one, great target gun, mine is scoped up and can shoot wings of flys, I think the stock looks great, if you are going for a colour go for the match rifle colours like red blue or orange etc, on a laminated stock would looked the part on a match rifle, or just keep the stock and get someone to build in your choice of wood another stock so if you sell it you still have the original laminated stock, dont bin it.

Quote Originally Posted by BC312 View Post
    I have one, great target gun, mine is scoped up and can shoot wings of flys, I think the stock looks great, if you are going for a colour go for the match rifle colours like red blue or orange etc, on a laminated stock would looked the part on a match rifle, or just keep the stock and get someone to build in your choice of wood another stock so if you sell it you still have the original laminated stock, dont bin it.
    You are right I think it wold look great in a .atch rifle colour. I have got used to it now though and think I will keep it as original. It is a lovely rifle to shoot and so accurate. I do enjoy shooting it so much. I was very lucky to find this one in left hand as I am a leftie